Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  53
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It's over right? Can I just relax now??

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    From a bookies perspective a better chance than West Coast apparently had against us.
    That is a GREAT take.

That's it, we're beating Geelong.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    We lost 5 of the last 10 home and away games in 2021. 2022 was poor and 2023 a disaster.

There is a trajectory.
    Sides who completely fall away get smashed. They are not competitive. At all. One thing about this slow death by a thousand cuts as we have been competitive in every loss after the first two rounds?

Why is that? We are competitive enough to be in a game but can't win any. It is not the typical, the coach has lost the players that just get obliterated. It has a different feel.

Post Thanks / Like

Why no 100+ smashings like the Eagles have given up every third week this year? Why is our group hanging in banging their heads against a brick wall every week losing by small margins? It just doesn't make any sense at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at it this way at least we didn't have to play the Eagles twice this year like some clubs.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

5. Thanks kruder, jeemak, Scorlibo thanked for this post
    Likes ReLoad, SonofScray, Doc26, Dry Rot, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew we were done last week MJP hence why I was so disappointed, today didn't hurt as much. Relax though? Yes there opportunity in font of us that can completely change our fortunes for the better but an off season where our players are mentioned in trades is not relaxing at all.

7. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Look at it this way at least we didn't have to play the Eagles twice this year like some clubs.
    Woof making me smile, even on a dark day like today. Thanks 1eyedog.

9. Likes EasternWest, MrMahatma, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Dunkley wins the premiership this year it will be one of the all time great moves sadly. I told you so coming? I found it interesting on first crack that Montagna mentioned that there were whispers that Treloar wanted out also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    If Dunkley wins the premiership this year it will be one of the all time great moves sadly. I told you so coming? I found it interesting on first crack that Montagna mentioned that there were whispers that Treloar wanted out also.
    I said earlier. I’m getting Shocktober vibes right now…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

No suprise with Treloar. Him and Dunkley were joined at the hip. No surprise that they think the same. Group think. Also, Dunkley is a lot smarter than Dunks, so I can see how Dunks would influence Treloar.

Post Thanks / Like

Does it feel as special to win a Premiership when you go to a team and win it in the first year? I can't say it could. Not even possibly the same as sticking fat with a group of mates and toiling away for years to win it. Not for me. But we are all built differently. The journey is what makes the success fulfilling.

It is like Lynch, getting up and leaving the Gold Coast and winning it in his first year with Richmond? Will he ever be remembered in the same breath as Jack Reiwoldt? Not for me.

14. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Call me vindictive but I don’t want Lions to win it because the thought of Dunks smiling and carrying the cup makes me feel ill. Mainly because of his shenanigans wanting to play for bummers. Not so fussed about Hunter or our other exes, whom I generally wish well (except Stringer).

16. Likes kruder, I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Call me vindictive but I don’t want Lions to win it because the thought of Dunks smiling and carrying the cup makes me feel ill. Mainly because of his shenanigans wanting to play for bummers. Not so fussed about Hunter or our other exes, whom I generally wish well (except Stringer).
    Anything can happen in finals. Bad Brisbane may come to play and they just bundle out after the prelim. I will be beaming a different smile when that happens to them. yeah.. its kinda vindictive thought.

Post Thanks / Like

And that's the way our world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Anything can happen in finals. Bad Brisbane may come to play and they just bundle out after the prelim. I will be beaming a different smile when that happens to them. yeah.. its kinda vindictive thought.
    Anything can happen in finals…

…but you can’t win them if you’re not in them.

Good luck to Dunkley. Our problems are clearly of our own making and need to be of our own fixing.

20. Likes macca, anfo27, bulldogtragic liked this post