Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardwick

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hardwick

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Then the AFEL should have a Mal Michael rule for coaches too then.

But the Suns haven’t done anything wrong that they need to compensate Richmond.
    Do you think the AFL has ponied up some money to help the deal get done?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Do you think the AFL has ponied up some money to help the deal get done?
    Probably. They need the GCS to turn around and this is their best shot right now. Whether under the table, ignoring the soft cap or an ambassadorship I’m not sure. But I’d expect them to meddle and be true to form.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Probably. They need the GCS to turn around and this is their best shot right now. Whether under the table, ignoring the soft cap or an ambassadorship I’m not sure. But I’d expect them to meddle and be true to form.
    I wouldn't mind betting that there is an AFL ambassadors type role that Hardwick will benefit from.

Back to the question I posed, I think if a coach walks from a contracted role there should be a non-compete component to it to allow for his early release.

Post Thanks / Like

Can cut someone else?s lunch up there I suppose. Prick of a bloke.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

He got the fire in his belly back quick.
    Amazing what a fat stack of Dead Presidents will achieve.
    Footscray member since 1980.

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind betting that there is an AFL ambassadors type role that Hardwick will benefit from.

Back to the question I posed, I think if a coach walks from a contracted role there should be a non-compete component to it to allow for his early release.
    If the release is by mutual agreement I don’t see the point. He clearly needed change and so did the club. He was always going to take on a new gig and was clear about that as well. Who knows what was discussed behind closed doors. Richmond FC owes Hardwick a damn sight more than vice versa.

9. Likes EasternWest, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the tigers couldn't care less. He didn't want to be there so he left. They didn't have to pay him out. They'll get a new coach and move on.

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Then clubs should put them in their contracts. So long as passes restraint of trade issues. I’m not losing any sleep over it, don’t think many at Richmond will either.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I think the tigers couldn't care less. He didn't want to be there so he left. They didn't have to pay him out. They'll get a new coach and move on.
    He's sat on contract and list management decisions and now before the next trade period he's sitting in another clubs table.
    They might not care but they should.

Post Thanks / Like

He's sat on contract and list management decisions and now before the next trade period he's sitting in another clubs table.
    They might not care but they should.
    I genuinely think there should be an exchange of draft capital (or something) to compensate Richmond for what (depending on your point of view) Gold Coast and Hardwick have seemingly orchestrated.

I don't think he should be 'free' to coach another club next year. I don't think he owes Richmond anything as such but I don't think moving to a rival within 6-months of leaving his position should be 'ok'.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

15. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    The reached a financial settlement, which to me says they had to stump up at least money for this year and possibly beyond.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I genuinely think there should be an exchange of draft capital (or something) to compensate Richmond for what (depending on your point of view) Gold Coast and Hardwick have seemingly orchestrated.

I don't think he should be 'free' to coach another club next year. I don't think he owes Richmond anything as such but I don't think moving to a rival within 6-months of leaving his position should be 'ok'.
    It's my non-ccmpete point.
    If a coach wants out of footy, fine let him go but he's breaking a contract and going to an opposition club with a lot of inside knowledge.