Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    15,515
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Did anyone catch this? Brad Johnson is fairly adamant Beveridge has a big summer of contemplation. Starts about the eight minute ten second mark.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FETuii9Jv4g&t=501s
    Thanks AB. That's the most serious I've ever seen Johnno. Concerning considering the inside knowledge he would have.

  2. Likes azabob liked this post
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    Another sham review will fix everything

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    15,515
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Another sham review will fix everything
    Are you chips in on sacking Bevo JanLorMill?

    I doubt that's going to happen, what's second on your wish list?

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Are you chips in on sacking Bevo JanLorMill?

    I doubt that's going to happen, what's second on your wish list?
    I want Beveridge to win the next 5 straight and prove me and others wrong.
    That doesn’t happen I want those who made the ridiculous decision to extend him preseason to answer for it.
    I wouldn’t mind to hearing from the president and CEO.
    If the season finishes tomorrow or the first finals week we need a fair dinkum review done by an external with all aspects questioned including the head coach.
    Need to know if Bevo is willing to except change and relinquish a bit of his power. I don’t see that happening.
    Changing a few assistant coaches won’t change much.

  6. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat liked this post
  7. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    15,515
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    I want Beveridge to win the next 5 straight and prove me and others wrong.
    That doesn’t happen I want those who made the ridiculous decision to extend him preseason to answer for it.
    I wouldn’t mind to hearing from the president and CEO.
    If the season finishes tomorrow or the first finals week we need a fair dinkum review done by an external with all aspects questioned including the head coach.
    Need to know if Bevo is willing to except change and relinquish a bit of his power. I don’t see that happening.
    Changing a few assistant coaches won’t change much.
    Fair enough, respect your position.

    Re assistant coaches, there has been some precedent with this working. Hardwick in 2016 off the top, maybe Chris Scott at the Cattery as well.

  8. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,651
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Fair enough, respect your position.

    Re assistant coaches, there has been some precedent with this working. Hardwick in 2016 off the top, maybe Chris Scott at the Cattery as well.
    Haven't we just changed all of our assistant coaches, well pretty much all of them? In the past 2-3 years Hansen & King have departed and Spangher, Webb & Lade have arrived.

    Are we saying these changes have failed and we have to try again... really?

  9. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    61,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    I wouldn’t mind to hearing from the president and CEO.
    I hear a few people say this. What do you want to hear from them?
    FFC: Established 1883

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  10. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    15,515
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Haven't we just changed all of our assistant coaches, well pretty much all of them? In the past 2-3 years Hansen & King have departed and Spangher, Webb & Lade have arrived.

    Are we saying these changes have failed and we have to try again... really?
    No I don't think failed, maybe just not the right types for what the team needs.

    I'm thinking a strong senior assistant that maybe disrupts Bevo's habits.

    Leon Cameron would be perfect.

  11. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    61,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    No I don't think failed, maybe just not the right types for what the team needs.

    I'm thinking a strong senior assistant that maybe disrupts Bevo's habits.

    Leon Cameron would be perfect.
    Most assistant contracts are only two years.

    I remember in Bevos early years many posters insisting we change the assistants and that we held on to them too long.
    FFC: Established 1883

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  12. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
  13. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    No I don't think failed, maybe just not the right types for what the team needs.

    I'm thinking a strong senior assistant that maybe disrupts Bevo's habits.

    Leon Cameron would be perfect.
    Perfect for who? Another one of Bevo’s old playing mates?

  14. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I hear a few people say this. What do you want to hear from them?
    Everything that Bont had to say on Monday even if it was a joint one 3 of them. Maybe an apology and maybe some clarification on what Baines said 6 weeks ago (top 4).

  15. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Everything that Bont had to say on Monday even if it was a joint one 3 of them. Maybe an apology and maybe some clarification on what Baines said 6 weeks ago (top 4).
    What changes do you want made?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

  16. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    I think formal statements from the president/ CEO are best left until the season is done, given we're almost at its end.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

  17. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    61,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think formal statements from the president/ CEO are best left until the season is done, given we're almost at its end.
    This^^

    Should include what we are doing to rectify the situation.
    FFC: Established 1883

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  18. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think formal statements from the president/ CEO are best left until the season is done, given we're almost at its end.
    Baines was happy make statements on radio 6 weeks.
    KWW appears before the corporates at home games? The everyday members obviously don’t look good on her CV.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •