Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  19
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What changes do you want made?
    See my previous post.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think formal statements from the president/ CEO are best left until the season is done, given we're almost at its end.
    Disagree. In a week like we had this week one of these 2 coming out publicly and trying to talk us down from the building would have been welcoming. I always felt more at ease when I heard Smorgo or Gordan come out and explain things clearly. I loved Gordon's speach in Shocktober. "This is not a crisis" Hearing nothing makes me more uneasy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Baines was happy make statements on radio 6 weeks.
    KWW appears before the corporates at home games? The everyday members obviously don?t look good on her CV.
    I don't want to see Kylie doing the media rounds all the time. Sponsors, corporates, the AFL and the redevelopment are what she needs to focus on but yes she does need to do a bit more by engaging our membership base.

Listened to her last weekend address the player sponsors group and she does have a genuine connection with our supporters but I agree she should and could do more.

By the way, She doesn't need to pad up her CV.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't want to see Kylie doing the media rounds all the time.
    Me neither mate but we've lost the last 2 to bottom 3-sides with finals on the line...

We all - members, supporters, call us what you will - need some leadership. The people in front of the media is Bont - beyond reproach but doing ALL the heavy lifting - and Bevo who is under incredible pressure and seems to be battling to see past the end of his nose right now.

KWW stepping in would have helped. Ameet stepping in would have helped...

I understand that talking about things gives them 'energy' but you can talk about the season without discussing the tenure of the coach.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

5. Likes JanLorMill, GVGjr, Sedat, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Me neither mate but we've lost the last 2 to bottom 3-sides with finals on the line...

We all - members, supporters, call us what you will - need some leadership. The people in front of the media is Bont - beyond reproach but doing ALL the heavy lifting - and Bevo who is under incredible pressure and seems to be battling to see past the end of his nose right now.

KWW stepping in would have helped. Ameet stepping in would have helped...

I understand that talking about things gives them 'energy' but you can talk about the season without discussing the tenure of the coach.
    We miss having a strong GM of football and this needs to be rectified and from my perspective Chris Grant stepped forward which should be sufficient. Losing to such poor teams is a real problem but well short of a crisis. If Chris can't steer the ship in terms of managing the media and an unruly supporter base then yes Ameet or Kylie need to step forward but let the managers manage and measure their performance accordingly.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes Grantysghost, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We miss having a strong GM of football....
    I read this article today: https://www.espn.com/rugby/story/_/i...mance-director

I know it's 'different' but as I read it I wondered if a form of this article applied to our club.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post