Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Barrett just loves any opportunity to sink the boot in to the Bulldogs

In his afl.com.au Sliding Doors column today he wrote against Sydney:

"the footy gods haven't always been on John Longmire's side, with dreadful injuries as a player, losing a Grand Final (016) when throwing the football by the opposition seemed to be allowed all match, and Buddy breaking down"

What a piece of garbage. I know he and Bevo have some enmity towards each other, but trying to de-legitimise what was an extraordinarily deserved Bulldogs' GF win is a step too far.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barrett just loves any opportunity to sink the boot in to the Bulldogs

Scoreboard.

Scoreboard.

Scoreboard.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post

"the footy gods haven't always been on John Longmire's side, with dreadful injuries as a player, losing a Grand Final (016) when throwing the football by the opposition seemed to be allowed all match, and Buddy breaking down"

What a piece of garbage. I know he and Bevo have some enmity towards each other, but trying to de-legitimise what was an extraordinarily deserved Bulldogs' GF win is a step too far.
    Actually I love when I see stuff like that. The sooking sustains me.

These are the type of people that say "didn't hurt" while their bottom lip is trembling. It's delicious.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. However, when you have a physical altercation with a journalist in a bathroom, I don't believe he is ever going to do you any favours on the contrary he is going to hold a grudge and continue to kick you when you are down.

You reap what you sow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

These are the type of people that say "didn't hurt" while their bottom lip is trembling. It's delicious.
    Exactly.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Yes. However, when you have a physical altercation with a journalist in a bathroom, I don't believe he is ever going to do you any favours on the contrary he is going to hold a grudge and continue to kick you when you are down.

You reap what you sow.
    Yes pretty poor form. Low EQ moment.

We probably did throw it! Suck it swans!

Post Thanks / Like

At the same time Barrett called into question the integrity of the coach and those who informed him publicly without basis. So the smarmy shit probably deserved to be pushed up against a wall.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    At the same time Barrett called into question the integrity of the coach and those who informed him publicly without basis. So the smarmy shit probably deserved to be pushed up against a wall.
    No doubt he deserved it. That is not the question. He is a bottom feeder. But if you take a step back, what does it achieve?

You know what they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Just poor form to physcilaly abuse someone who shapes the AFL narrative in an influential role. It just ain't smart. It's dumb.

9. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Would've felt nice no doubt.

However - kind of gives it oxygen it didn't need. I mean we are still talking about it. I'm giving the points to Barrett.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    No doubt he deserved it. That is not the question. He is a bottom feeder. But if you take a step back, what does it achieve?

You know what they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Just poor form to physcilaly abuse someone who shapes the AFL narrative in an influential role. It just ain't smart. It's dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Would've felt nice no doubt.

However - kind of gives it oxygen it didn't need. I mean we are still talking about it. I'm giving the points to Barrett.
    I get it's not smart - for someone who actually gives a shit about the consequences. Bevo doesn't give a shit, rightly or wrongly.

Give the points to Barrett all you like, but he knows deep down he got called out for his rubbish and the sad piece of shit is the one who can't let it go.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

Its a pretty amazing throwaway line from Barrett and provides insight into the quality of his insights

He is in the unaccountable business of 'takes'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post

The Adelaide entry makes up for it somewhat:

IF ...
    the Crows and seemingly half of Adelaide this week lost their minds, justifiably, over the Ben Keays non-goal decision ...

THEN ...
    thousands of Western Bulldogs supporters were overheard saying something about Tony Liberatore and a karma bus waiting to be driven since the '97 preliminary final.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind the likes of Barrett or Pickering doing their drive-by critiques. It just reminds me that they're poor excuses of journos.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't mind the likes of Barrett or Pickering doing their drive-by critiques. It just reminds me that they're poor excuses of journos.
    For what it is worth, I looked back at the predictions by the media and Barrett had us finishing 10th
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    For what it is worth, I looked back at the predictions by the media and Barrett had us finishing 10th
    I think quite a few pundits would have picked us to miss the 8 and now are saying how could we possibly miss the 8. Can't have it both ways.