Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  73
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fans not wanting us to win/make finals

I can't imagine a scenario where I'd want the Bulldogs to lose.
    Regardless on your stance on the coach, it may be the last game for McLean (a bullgod) and Crozier, and a review may well make massive off-field changes regardless of the result tomorrow.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I want us to win this weekend. Then win a final. Then win another one. And another one. And another one.

Top 4, and a Prelim was my pass mark for the year. We?ve missed the top four, but the rest remains in play, so that?s what I want.

I also want Bevo out of the coaching department, and I imagine there are folk who agree that see us losing as a catalyst for change there. I know folk who want us to lose because our footy has been so pathetic at times this year that they don?t think we deserve to be there.

That line of thinking isn?t for me. Got to be in it to win it. Go and win and keep winning.

Regardless of what happens, I?ve made my mind up in the coaching scenario. Flag, or fail, the preferred outcome for me is a change of coach.
    Well prepare yourself for another year of Bevo.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be worse folks. We could go for the Bombers….

4. Likes Sedat, chef, EasternWest, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I always want us to perform well and ultimately win.. I guess I won't know how engaged I will be until the game starts but as it stands, I'm not really looking forward to our game which isn't the norm.

The season, and especially the last 2 games have taken its toll.

6. Likes kruder, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    So - in the incredibly unlikely (aka impossible) scenario where we went through and WON the grand final you would still sack the coach?

That's COLD as ice mate. If I could think of a decent movie analogy I'd use it but that is some pretty clear-eyed decision making.
    Yep. Nothing personal, just business.

Of course, during games I get frustrated and emotional about how it?s all going, but I?ve held the view for a long time now. Folk can frame it however they want, but I am really comfortable that my position isn?t driven by emotion and ranting and raving.

Ranieri got the flick from Leicester 9 months after winning the Premier League.
    Cassidy got the flick from the Bruins despite a relatively successful tenure, including a Presidents Trophy and playoffs in consecutive years before getting the arse.

In my world of sport, it?s not unprecedented.

Obviously the merits of it are getting tossed about on every Dogs discussion on every platform, not many agree, but I would do it today, Mad Monday after the flag this year and in R2 2018.

It?s not going to happen though, wishful thinking from me to have wanted better than the dispirited, distracted, disorganised shit we?ve been getting, which is a shame because I?ve put my membership on it and will be true to my word. Ah well.

I?ll be at Geelong and barracking for a win regardless.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

8. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just tired of feeling like watching us is a chore. I want us to win, and want us to play finals, and I guess I believe we could do something in finals, but mostly i just believe we are going to be disappointing again and instead of being fun it's just gonna be a grind.

Last week (and this) are maybe the first games ever I haven't made any real effort to make sure I watch. If I happen to be free I'll watch, but usually I plan my weekend around being able to see it.

So I guess part of me doesn't want to play finals just so that I don't have this burden of having to try to get excited for what I actually believe will be a repeat of the vast majority of our other elimination finals; a frustrating and turgid display that even if it seems to be going well (as in the Freo game) will end with me feeling flat.

I guess I've just lost the optimism that I usually have, and while winning this week would be fun and finals are always worth playing I won't be overly unhappy to be free of having to think about them.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    yes, we lost to the bottom team and we SHOULD have won easily, but it was close and but for a bit of luck we could have won...they ARE trying. They AREN'T playing well...but they ARE trying.
    Did you happen to catch Johnno's chat with Cornes about our effort levels MJP?

Because he's not so sure.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

11. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    My guess is main reasons for that :

1.)Might mean drastic change doesn't occur.
    2.)The thought of a Carlton pantsing in a final.
    C.)Higher draft position.

The only one I agree with is 2.
    Something like that, but for far more in depth and complicated reasons. Don?t have energy to get it into them.

I?m just sick of this season and regret coming to footy to watching this team. I want this over and I see no benefit to winning, as I don?t think we make finals. If by fluke we did, another public embarrassment in finals would just be gut wrenching. So for a range of reasons, I?d just prefer to take the loss and accept our fate.

I just want this season dragged into the back paddock and have a bullet put in it. A loss does that while ensuring the required heat stays on and frankly we could do with a better pick as a very minor silver lining.

Rhode & BMAC years were shit. But this season for me is one of the worst cluster ****s and worst and unenjoyable season for me. Hence, put me out of misery tomorrow night.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes Grantysghost, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's akin to a toxic ex.

You keep hoping it'll get better, there's glimmers of hope that it will, but ultimately you wind up angry, disappointed, and dejected.

I just want the curtain drawn on this era. Footy hasn't been fun for a long while and I see no joy in delaying change another 2 weeks.
    W00F!

15. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to articulate in words, though I reckon we all take football way too seriously, and the media saturation makes it all feel worse than it actually is when things aren't going great.

Again, it's hard to put into words exactly though post 2016 when things didn't go exactly how we thought they might we've collectively not taken it at all well. Almost akin to having our toys taken away from us.

Sometimes I think we need to get a grip. Sometimes passion can spill over into something unhealthy, and I feel that's where we're at.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

17. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, josie, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's hard to articulate in words, though I reckon we all take football way too seriously, and the media saturation makes it all feel worse than it actually is when things aren't going great.

Again, it's hard to put into words exactly though post 2016 when things didn't go exactly how we thought they might we've collectively not taken it at all well. Almost akin to having our toys taken away from us.

Sometimes I think we need to get a grip. Sometimes passion can spill over into something unhealthy, and I feel that's where we're at.
    Once we got got to feel the dopamine of Premiership ecstasy, everything else since isn?t enough to sustain us. Winning isn?t enough. Finals are not enough. Grand Finals are not enough. It all pales into insignificance. A state of football depression has engulfed us.

Just give me another Premiership and I promise I will be happy, for at least a few weeks ?..

19. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually haven't watched a game since the Bombers match. I don't prioritise our games anymore. This group constantly fails to deliver and let's us all down. The same issues have been around a long while. I felt they would inevitably happen again and they have. Although even I never thought we'd lose to west Coast.

We're an absolute shambles at the moment. Plummeting into a firey mess. Although I also think we could turn it around relatively quickly with some shrewd recruiting and personnel changes. Ones that should have happened 1-2 years ago. I think we're way too slow to react. This is as much on the field as it is off it.

21. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Once we got got to feel the dopamine of Premiership ecstasy, everything else since isn?t enough to sustain us. Winning isn?t enough. Finals are not enough. Grand Finals are not enough. It all pales into insignificance. A state of football depression has engulfed us.

Just give me another Premiership and I promise I will be happy, for at least a few weeks ?..
    We all expected a dynasty due to our young talent. We expected to become a powerhouse. Not only did it not happen, we absolutely crumbled away.

Yes we can't expect premiership after premiership. But we also shouldn't compare to our wretched past. We can and should be able to match it with the best and we've failed miserably since 2016.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Could be worse folks. We could go for the Bombers….
    How’s our week one finals team looking?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Come rain, hail or shine to me its about the team and not the personnel behind it. I don't have favorites as such but there are players I like to watch and coaches I have time for Rocket was one and so is Bevo.
    But I don't get attached to the people in the club because it can change so much so I will watch us till they are carrying out on a stretcher never to return.
    Don't get me wrong I can curse and swear with the best of them but once the dust settles I'm anyways looking forward to the next game.
    Go Doggies.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

25. Likes EasternWest, bornadog liked this post