Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

3 things learned from Rd 24 vs Geelong 2023

Lets hear the 3 new things you have learned from our round 24 clash against the Cats.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd 24 vs Geelong 2023

Lobb into the ruck was the game changer
    Bont again boosted his Brownlow chances
    Good to see the efforts again of Poulter and O’Donnell which augers well for the future

3. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, Dry Rot, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I’ve been very bullish on Oscar, he offers something different in the team with his spread. But his kicking, holy smokes. I’m now officially jumping off his bandwagon.
    2. I’ve been critical of Bevo and his tactics, but Lobb in the ruck was the best move he’s made in years.
    3. Astronaut is suicidal in his attack. If it’s a choice of keeping English or naughton, sorry Timmy.

5. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

West deserves a go in the middle & around the ground

If Lobb plays like he did tonight he’ll be a great recruit

Weightman can lay a decent tackle, loved his energy tonight
    Last edited by josie; 27-08-2023 at 11:52 AM.

7. Likes EasternWest, anfo27, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Once again the case for a new coach was on display tonight. Our defensive setup is embarrassing - have players guarding blades of grass against an equivalent VFL side carving us up through the corridor

2. Poulter and O?Donnell are players. Couple of good news stories out of an otherwise disappointing season

3. We?d be close to the worst tackling side in the competition this last 3 weeks

9. Likes Dry Rot, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Rory ****ing Lobb playing a match turning role. You can take me now, I have seen it all.
    2. Ed Richards is far better overhead than I have him credit before.
    3. Bevo saw something in O'Donnell, and now we're all seeing it too.

11. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Rory Lobb should be first ruck 60% of the time while English spends time forward. Weitering can't cover Naughton and English.
    2. With another pre-season and 5+kg, James O'Donnell could be a star next year.
    3. Alex Keath with ball in hand makes A nightmare on elm street seem tame.

13. Likes anfo27, Dry Rot, DOG GOD, lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Westy in the middle. HOORAY!!! Learned that he can actually help us in there. With those genes why did we wait so bloody long to find out!
    2. JOD- This kid has something. That play in the last quarter when he was running back into D50 with 2 cats on his hammer & he gathered the ball & calmly used his right foot to hit Scott down the line under that pressure. Gee whiz, I saw that & thought for a kid who has hardly played the game that was exceptional. Got a keeper here.
    3. Lobb- Really has a huge amount of ability this guy. If Bevo can tap into that we would have a difference maker.

4. What to throw the Bont in as well. Gives us everything he has every week but I just wanted to add that his game awareness is top shelf. In a game where everyone is chasing stats his awareness at times tonight that a tap to a team mates advantage was the only thing that was going to get it done at that moment was great to watch. He would have done that 4 or 5 times tonight & won't get a stat for it but every single one of those taps made a difference.

May the boys get some confidence tonight & the blues win this week but we come out possessed the following game & shock the football world.

15. Likes josie, Mantis, EasternWest, GVGjr, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Lobb into the ruck was the game changer
    Bont again boosted his Brownlow chances
    Good to see the efforts again of Poulter and O’Donnell which augers well for the future
    "Augers" or "all goes well"?
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    1. Westy in the middle. HOORAY!!! Learned that he can actually help us in there. With those genes why did we wait so bloody long to find out!
    2. JOD- This kid has something. That play in the last quarter when he was running back into D50 with 2 cats on his hammer & he gathered the ball & calmly used his right foot to hit Scott down the line under that pressure. Gee whiz, I saw that & thought for a kid who has hardly played the game that was exceptional. Got a keeper here.
    3. Lobb- Really has a huge amount of ability this guy. If Bevo can tap into that we would have a difference maker.

4. What to throw the Bont in as well. Gives us everything he has every week but I just wanted to add that his game awareness is top shelf. In a game where everyone is chasing stats his awareness at times tonight that a tap to a team mates advantage was the only thing that was going to get it done at that moment was great to watch. He would have done that 4 or 5 times tonight & won't get a stat for it but every single one of those taps made a difference.

May the boys get some confidence tonight & the blues win this week but we come out possessed the following game & shock the football world.
    Why did it take Bevo a full season to throw Lobb into the ruck and English forward? Normally it's Lobb into the ruck while English is off.

Why only put West into the midfield now? No Smith, Macrae et al?

Bevo's had a word to me feels these moves were very un-Bevo like.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

1 Beveridge is capable of changing things around
    2 Lobbs performance played a large part in why we won
    3 Weightmans return to form was needed
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

Post Thanks / Like

1. Tonight showed how far off it our bottom 6 players are. ie: Baker, McNeill, Keath, VDM etc. They should have had a night out against ordinary oppostion.

2. Not sure if we do make it that we can just flick the switch. Something appears not right.

3. West is a bull. May not be quick but reads the game so well and could be Sam Mitchell type when Libba hangs them up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Why did it take Bevo a full season to throw Lobb into the ruck and English forward? Normally it's Lobb into the ruck while English is off.

Why only put West into the midfield now? No Smith, Macrae et al?

Bevo's had a word to me feels these moves were very un-Bevo like.
    Kind of feel everyone has asked these questions before. Why now? maybe Bevo has been stubborn & relented & gave it a crack. Just don't think he rates Westy. He came to us as an inside mid & never got a look in until last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Kind of feel everyone has asked these questions before. Why now? maybe Bevo has been stubborn & relented & gave it a crack. Just don't think he rates Westy. He came to us as an inside mid & never got a look in until last night.
    He never got a look in because there were so many in front of him. Dunks, Macrae, Smith were all not there last night.

His disposal needs to be tightened up but there is something to work with.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

22. Likes Mofra, anfo27, Curly5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He never got a look in because there were so many in front of him. Dunks, Macrae, Smith were all not there last night.

His disposal needs to be tightened up but there is something to work with.
    West went at 75% last night which is pretty good considering the role he played.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

24. Likes anfo27 liked this post