Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Mid season trade period

The AFL are considering a mid season trade period for next season.
    I think this is an overkill and teams have plenty of time and options to shape their list.

So what are your thoughts? Is it a good move?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mid season trade period

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The AFL are considering a mid season trade period for next season.
    I think this is an overkill and teams have plenty of time and options to shape their list.

So what are your thoughts? Is it a good move?
    I agree with Stevie J. A teams competitive edge in a given season is the IP on the game plan and secret details within the planning from week to week. By trading a player to another club there’s nothing stopping that player telling their new club all the information they can recall. So I’d be really hesitant about trading away a player who wants out who is happy to tell their new club everything. So I hope we aren’t interested. And overall I’m not seeing the desperate need either. The MSD is enough coverage is clubs keep a spot open which is up to them.

I’m a no.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat, bulldogsthru&thru, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I agree with Stevie J. A teams competitive edge in a given season is the IP on the game plan and secret details within the planning from week to week. By trading a player to another club there’s nothing stopping that player telling their new club all the information they can recall. So I’d be really hesitant about trading away a player who wants out who is happy to tell their new club everything. So I hope we aren’t interested. And overall I’m not seeing the desperate need either. The MSD is enough coverage is clubs keep a spot open which is up to them.

I’m a no.
    Yeah that's all very commendable but what about the clickz and increased ad revenue going begging.

Especially if they're getting antsy about having to wean themselves off gambling ad revenue at some looming point.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for it.

After the stand rule I think we should all know the score.