Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  78
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bailey Smith owns up to mistake with Luke Beveridge: ?I wasn?t good at just accepting my role?

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I prefer if we kept this claptrap bullshit off this forum AP. No offence to you mate, though you might take it as a bit of an attack.

Spend less than you earn, invest wisely, avoid bad people.....give me a ****ing break. This is the shit rich people tell poor people all the time and it's complete crap......because they don't know what desperation tastes like.
    And it?s the clap trap that if followed, people, no matter what their income, could benefit from. I think their advice is sage and I was not raised in a wealthy family. Particularly liked the keep away from toxic people advice. Anyhoooo, each to their own.

Of interest is Buffet was not born into wealth:
    Howard Buffett, Warren Buffett's father, was the son of grocers, and he received a public school education. When Warren was born, Howard had just launched his own small brokerage firm, and he was struggling to make a name for himself in the financial world.

2. Thanks azabob, angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bailey Smith owns up to mistake with Luke Beveridge: ?I wasn?t good at just accepting my role?

Indeed, each to their own.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    And it?s the clap trap that if followed, people, no matter what their income, could benefit from. I think their advice is sage and I was not raised in a wealthy family. Particularly liked the keep away from toxic people advice. Anyhoooo, each to their own.

Of interest is Buffet was not born into wealth:
    Howard Buffett, Warren Buffett's father, was the son of grocers, and he received a public school education. When Warren was born, Howard had just launched his own small brokerage firm, and he was struggling to make a name for himself in the financial world.
    I love WOOF
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Likes angelopetraglia, josie, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I love WOOF
    From Bailey Smith sculling vodka on non-training days to Warren Buffett's life of abject poverty, this thread has it all.

How did we get here again?

Maybe if someone would create a contracts thread we could work out when young Bailey's contract expires so we could then pontificate on his potential trade value in x-years (or y-years) time? Someone really should get onto that!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

8. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC, EasternWest, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    From Bailey Smith sculling vodka on non-training days to Warren Buffett's life of abject poverty, this thread has it all.

Maybe if someone would create a contracts thread we could work out when young Bailey's contract expires so we could then pontificate on his potential trade value in x-years (or y-years) time? Someone really should get onto that!
    Boy oh boy, wowee, even MJP is getting in on the joke now.

If you guys aren't careful I'm going to feed misinformation into the non-existent thread to make you look silly in your next contract related discussion.

10. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Boy oh boy, wowee, even MJP is getting in on the joke now.

If you guys aren't careful I'm going to feed misinformation into the non-existent thread to make you look silly in your next contract related discussion.
    Be careful Axe. I'm starting to think the club itself needs a contract thread on here given how they handled the Dunkley situation. Had it existed they may have known he was out if contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Be careful Axe. I'm starting to think the club itself needs a contract thread on here given how they handled the Dunkley situation. Had it existed they may have known he was out if contract.
    Speaking of Dunkley, did we legit low ball him mid year and only upped our offer once the season ended?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Speaking of Dunkley, did we legit low ball him mid year and only upped our offer once the season ended?
    Not to my knowledge. We had a very good offer in front of him all season.
    The Cal Ward negotiation was poorly executed and we opened the door wide for GWS
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

I think it was me again.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I prefer if we kept this claptrap bullshit off this forum AP. No offence to you mate, though you might take it as a bit of an attack.

Spend less than you earn, invest wisely, avoid bad people.....give me a ****ing break. This is the shit rich people tell poor people all the time and it's complete crap......because they don't know what desperation tastes like.
    Fair point but I'd like to see what his beep test results are like before I get too excited.

16. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Charlie Munger is Warren Buffet's right hand man. He is 99 and he still fronts the investors for the company Berkshire Hathaway (which is the 6th largest company in the USA by market capitalisation, for perspective, the largest company in Australia is BHP, they are seven times that size). Incredibly sharp for a 99 year old! He is known in business and investing circles as one of the sharpest ever minds in the world of business and in partiuclar investing for long term value. One of the wisest person in my mind in regards to what he has wrote or has to say.

If you are interested here is clip of him answering questions at 99 years of age on "Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger on how to avoid mistakes in life and business" (Warren Buffett on the left and Charlie Munger on the right). Munger starts speaking at 4:00 mark.

Thanks Ang.

18. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post