Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  78
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Smith owns up to mistake with Luke Beveridge: ?I wasn?t good at just accepting my role?

Bailey Smith has committed to the Western Bulldogs but admits he still needs to work on accepting roles away from his preferred midfield position.

The AFL star endured a tough season where he faced criticism that he was less committed than he needed to be - but he has now turned to business off the field in the hopes of helping his performance on it.

The 22-year-old social media juggernaut has launched vodka label Barry, which he says will help him focus when it counts.

?There?s only so much you can train and I?ve fallen into the trap of over-training and being too obsessed,? he told 7NEWS Melbourne.

?On my days off, I can surf, go play golf, but I?m more into building businesses and it?s something I?m passionate about that?s also productive too.?

Smith?s off-field move comes as he declares he won?t be switching clubs.

He has received interest from Hawthorn and Geelong but is ?very committed? to the Bulldogs, though for now he remains contracted only for 2024.

?I just want to keep fuelling the fire there. I just want to go all the way, so the red, white and blue is the best place to do it,? Smith said.

?It was a different change this year ... I hope I play more midfield next year,? he said.

?I probably wasn?t good at just accepting the (forward) role. I did a bit, but more was I just want to play in the midfield.

?Next year, whatever is thrown at me I?ll just attack it as well as I can. I just want to win.?

Smith said he has a ?great relationship? with Beveridge.

?There?d be days where we spend an hour or two because we can?t get out of the conversation,? he said.

?We just talk about life.?

Watch the interview here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bailey Smith owns up to mistake with Luke Beveridge: ?I wasn?t good at just accepting my role?

I don't know if that article is meant to make me angry but it makes me a bit angry.

The team needed you in a forward role. You're getting paid heaps. Just get out there and do it.

Also think it's bad management to have unhappy players. Don't spend two hours talking about life and then trot him out to a forward flank and watch him mope about - spend two hours talking about the role, why it's important, why you think he can excel at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bailey Smith owns up to mistake with Luke Beveridge: ?I wasn?t good at just accepting my role?

Interview was a thinly disguised ad for his new vodka label.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes chef, macca, Dry Rot, 1eyedog, Boots, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    This.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

7. Likes Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Funny after reading it I did have a thirst that needed quenching with some BARRY.

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wish his football was as good as his marketing.
    The curse is dead.

11. Likes The Underdog, EasternWest, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's out of contract next season like Dunkley.

I very much doubt he will be a Dog in 25, my new theory of trading before they bail means I would've shopped him vigorously now.
    I have had a bottle of Barry though so fje#__#&&44!

13. Likes The Underdog, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get that was a shameless marketing exercise, but we can put that to one side and be at ease the circus won't be in town this year.

If he plays midfield and we're in a positive position we should be able to retain his services until his next big contract.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

The more I hear out of Bailey, the less I want to hear out of Bailey. He’s definitely B3 for me.

Bailey D is B1 FYI
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I get that was a shameless marketing exercise, but we can put that to one side and be at ease the circus won't be in town this year.

If he plays midfield and we're in a positive position we should be able to retain his services until his next big contract.
    Fingers crossed you're right Jee.

Reading the tea leaves he would want max exposure, the kind that only big clubs and block busters provide.

Imagine the run on Barry Vodka this week if he was at the pies!

No Knox City, he'd be at Melbourne Central.

Post Thanks / Like

He'd be no good at Collingwood the fans only know Fosters and VB.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

18. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually not the least bit interested in anything he has to say.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

How ethical is it that a young footballer with a massive teenage girl following is flogging pre packed ready to drink lemon vodka? He is seriously getting some bad advice.

21. Likes SquirrelGrip, hujsh, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the piece on channel 7 news https://x.com/7newsmelbourne/status/...y1lhUs8p7uzZ_A

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    How ethical is it that a young footballer with a massive teenage girl following is flogging pre packed ready to drink lemon vodka? He is seriously getting some bad advice.
    I don't see any contradiction, he's in a partnership with 4 others and it's just a business opportunity.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"