Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  78
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bailey Smith owns up to mistake with Luke Beveridge: ?I wasn?t good at just accepting my role?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He's out of contract next season like Dunkley.

I very much doubt he will be a Dog in 25, my new theory of trading before they bail means I would've shopped him vigorously now.
    I have had a bottle of Barry though so fje#__#&&44!
    Yeah he's gone. We need to trade now. Don't want a repeat of Dunkley.

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bailey Smith owns up to mistake with Luke Beveridge: ?I wasn?t good at just accepting my role?

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't see any contradiction, he's in a partnership with 4 others and it's just a business opportunity.
    He is known for having a massive teenage girl following. Young teenage girls under the age of 18. My daughter is 15 and can confirm this is true for non Bulldog fans and non AFL fans. He is huge with this cohort. They worhsip him.

You are not allowed to target minors in any manner via mass media when marketing acohol. There is a number of strict rules governing this. i.e. Content cannot target minors or young people under 25 years of age.

So Bailey Smith, being the front of a new lemon vodka ready to drink product ... who do you think is the target for this product? Who drinks, ready to drink vodka?

Getting around a lot of strict rules and conduct via promotion via social media and free PR spots on channel 7 news.

It is legal. yes. It is it moral. No.
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 25-09-2023 at 08:31 AM.

4. Likes josie, chef, Daughter of the West liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Here is the piece on channel 7 news https://x.com/7newsmelbourne/status/...y1lhUs8p7uzZ_A
    i posted the link in the article
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    i posted the link in the article
    Sorry. Missed it.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see any contradiction, he's in a partnership with 4 others and it's just a business opportunity.
    But the reason he'll be the 'face' of this business is that its a product aimed at young girls and they love Baz.

Great marketing though not morally great.
    The curse is dead.

10. Likes angelopetraglia, Grantysghost, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    But the reason he'll be the 'face' of this business is that its a product aimed at young girls and they love Baz.

I get the point being made but I'd wouldn't want younger people to follow him that closely for other reasons and isn't the product he is fronting pitched at the 18+ audience.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I get the point being made but I'd wouldn't want younger people to follow him that closely for other reasons and isn't the product he is fronting is pitched at the 18+ audience.
    The product that hes fronting would be aimed at 15-25 year old girls. Of the 4 partners Baz has the ideal face, image and social reached to maximise this.

But then as a father of girls im pretty cynical about dodgy shit like this. Its was pretty much a paid alcohol advertisement on national news dressed up to look like a sports interview, just ridiculous.
    The curse is dead.

13. Likes angelopetraglia, EasternWest, Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good on him for doing something and he will be very successful when his footy career is over .
    A smart kid . Just remember he is only young and give him the time to mature, which I think he is now .
    We all made mistakes at his age, it?s part of learning.
    We need to keep him as he will only get better as a person a footballer and a leader.
    Bring back the biff

15. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The product that hes fronting would be aimed at 15-25 year old girls. Of the 4 partners Baz has the ideal face, image and social reached to maximise this.

But then as a father of girls im pretty cynical about dodgy shit like this. Its was pretty much a paid alcohol advertisement on national news dressed up to look like a sports interview, just ridiculous.
    It was a little tacky and pretty gratuitous, but I have a million times more contempt for politicians and global corporations/lobby groups who shamelessly rob and steal billions from the tax payer every day.

Bailey is working his assets and good on him. I'd rather see a small business like this one have some success than some global corporation or publicly owned behemoth.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

17. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not just Bailey. The following players are also partners in this venture. Reece Walsh (Brisbane Broncos, NRL) Nick and Josh Diacos (Collingwood FC, AFL), and Charlie Curnow (Carlton FC, AFL), who each have their own brand aspirations in development.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    It was a little tacky and pretty gratuitous, but I have a million times more contempt for politicians and global corporations/lobby groups who shamelessly rob and steal billions from the tax payer every day.

Bailey is working his assets and good on him. I'd rather see a small business like this one have some success than some global corporation or publicly owned behemoth.
    mmmmm .... who is the first to jump on the bandwagon

"Because of this, we have been able to fast-track a process that would normally take 18 months or so, and the Coles Liquor team has been instrumental in getting this done, culminating in a national rollout this week."

Sophie Went, Coles Liquor Business Category Manager Spirits & RTDs said: "We're excited to welcome BARRY exclusively to our Liquorland and First Choice Liquor Market shelves. We're confident our customers are going to want to share BARRY with friends at their footy finals BBQs and summer celebrations.

"Being first to market with BARRY was a no-brainer for us. We knew that when you get five of the biggest athletes in the country together, they were going to channel their competitive spirit, passion and drive to succeed into a new drink that was going to deliver on flavour and innovation for our customers."

20. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    It is not just Bailey. The following players are also partners in this venture. Reece Walsh (Brisbane Broncos, NRL) Nick and Josh Diacos (Collingwood FC, AFL), and Charlie Curnow (Carlton FC, AFL), who each have their own brand aspirations in development.
    Yes. But that doesn't make it any better.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep - there's a drop of Bailey's sweat in every bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Yes. But that doesn't make it any better.
    I didn't say it did. Just quoting the facts.

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL has also been running ads for the "official" seltzer partner for the AFL on Fox Footy too which is just as bad. Good Tides Seltzer. So it is not just Bailey and friends. There are a number of others inlcuding the AFL who are cashing in on this.

Call my cynicial, but the AFL and AFL Footballers marekting alcoholic lolly water to a young and impressionable audience is not a good look. Just as bad as their partnership with sports betting companies that feature in the offical AFL app.

The AFL want to take a moral leadership position on the voice, racism, diveristy etc. but are happy to market alcoholic lolly water targeted at kids and sports betting when it means they can line their pockets.

Don't tell me, show me. They fail this test everytime. Virtue signalling is easy, actually living ethically is significantly more difficult.

25. Likes EasternWest liked this post