Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  37
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Much Improvement is Left in Jamarra?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Naughton has a terrible action, I think that's where most of it stems from; he's actually a poor kick for league standards.
    So why the hell do you want his poor kicking in the backline then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Hey I said two craps

Naughton has a terrible action, I think that's where most of it stems from; he's actually a poor kick for league standards.

Jamarra is a good kick around the ground. His set shot routine needs work for sure.

I feel with Naughton this is what you get, and you make an interesting point how statistically he measure up ok so maybe people just comment on the action rather than the result.

Marra I believe will tidy his up and pass Naughts for accuracy by the end of their careers.
    I largely agree here GG. And I think that given Marra has a more likely ability to improve his accuracy, he holds the key to whether we can live with Naughton's profligacy for the rest of his career.

Naughts brings other attributes to the line that a player of his size, normally doesn't bring, so I can live with inaccuracy, but not if it's a trait right across our forward line. With Naughts and Marra likely to take up I don't know 60-70% of our forward target entries, we can't afford for them to both be below par for accuracy.

Weightman's accuracy is a good counter balance right now, and it would help us no end if Marra was able to improve his efficiency.

3. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    So why the hell do you want his poor kicking in the backline then?
    Haha touche!

Post Thanks / Like

Do not think you can put a limit on how good Marra will become. I reckon he is only at about a third of what he will be.
    One of kind!

6. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uninformed View Post
    Do not think you can put a limit on how good Marra will become. I reckon he is only at about a third of what he will be.
    One of kind!
    Absolutely agree, we see glimpses of Marra's best and his potential is off the charts.

It's easy to forget this was only his 3rd year and even easier to forget that year 1 was wasted by Covid

8. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be the next forward to kick 100 goals.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Absolutely agree, we see glimpses of Marra's best and his potential is off the charts.

It's easy to forget this was only his 3rd year and even easier to forget that year 1 was wasted by Covid

And just the progress we see year on year. That much talent with someone prepared to work really hard at his craft. Amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Feels he's the next most likely of the 4 to stay, then English and lastly Smith.

Might be different once he's close to free agency
    I'd go Smith and then English. When Smith plays well we win but that's not necessarily the case with English
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.