Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  120
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2024 Membership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Renewed my membership for 2024. Home Silver Reserve seat + EJ Whitten Social club.

Go Dogs!
    Did you get offered some free upgrades?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Interstate and SC done.

Post Thanks / Like

4. Thanks azabob, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny the snakeman View Post
    Strange I don’t see a VFL membership at all
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Strange I don’t see a VFL membership at all
    Mine were renewed as Footscray Bulldog for $60 ea

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Not Bitter Anymore! View Post
    Mine were renewed as Footscray Bulldog for $60 ea
    I am a dog for life so it just rolls over. But how do you get new vfl members if it’s not in the membership sales ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I am a dog for life so it just rolls over. But how do you get new vfl members if it’s not in the membership sales ?
    Good question especially when we will be playing at Whitten Oval again next year
    Last edited by I'm Not Bitter Anymore!; 25-10-2023 at 10:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried to ring the club today to roll over six reserved seats on the bottom deck. On hold for over 20 minutes and then just gave up. I only call as the auto roll up always forgets to deduct the Membership component as we are AFL Members.

Not the best service.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve found emailing club very good. Usually respond within 1 to 2 working days. Membership@westernbulldogs.com.au
    Josie :)

Our day will come
    And we'll have everything.
    We'll share the joy
    Just like '54 again.

11. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody know what's in the membership pack this year? I want to know what I'm giving up if I take the additional $20 voucher. I'm guessing membership card and scarf/hat/beanie? I haven't seen an option to chose between a scarf/hat/beanie this year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Anybody know what's in the membership pack this year? I want to know what I'm giving up if I take the additional $20 voucher. I'm guessing membership card and scarf/hat/beanie? I haven't seen an option to chose between a scarf/hat/beanie this year?
    I believe it's a scarf as standard , no choice same as last year. I suppose they want you to use the voucher for hat,beanie or scarf but the problem there is the outrageous cost of postage they charge its not worth it.
    Below from membership page
    Digital or Traditional Membership Pack - 2024 member scarf included with both (redeemed through Bulldogs Shop for digital packs)

14. Thanks Axe Man, Eastdog, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who want to upgrade

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First time I have seen the club pushing this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    First time I have seen the club pushing this

I know there are player sponsors on this board. Can someone explain how this actually works?

Is there one sponsor per player? Do you keep the same player year to year? Do you have a say in who you sponsor? What access do you have to the player you sponsor? Do you get much in return? Is it worth it?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    I know there are player sponsors on this board. Can someone explain how this actually works?

Is there one sponsor per player? Do you keep the same player year to year? Do you have a say in who you sponsor? What access do you have to the player you sponsor? Do you get much in return? Is it worth it?
    The Player Sponsors is a coterie group. You get access to a room before, during and after games and can have a meal there.
    Seats are allocated in a specific area and you sit with other sponsors. They are classed as premium seats and are located on the 2nd level right on the wing.
    Players can have multiple sponsors but that normally doesn't exceed 8 people.
    Once you become a sponsor of a player you can stick with them if you like or if they retire or get traded etc you can move to another player. Some sponsors have been with the likes of Bontempelli and Macrae for years.
    In past years players without sponsors or just one will merge onto other tables and one year BAD and I went and we had the pleasure of both Ward and Stack on the table.
    In other years I've had Webb and Macrae on the table. It depends on how many sponsors join each year. I actually think it's better to sponsor some of the lesser known players than the big name recruits.
    If you join you will be given a list of which players are available for you to sponsor and during the year there is a player sponsors dinner where you get the chance to dine with that player. It's an excellent event but a bit too laden with presentation and acknowledgements of which sponsors have achieved 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of sponsorship achievements. I find that part a bit boring.
    There is also another function where you can meet with the player and at things like the Charles Sutton night you get earlier access and a chance to say hello to your player. There are 3 coterie groups and I suggest you log on for a read to see if that suits you. There have also been some additional options added to enhance the football going experience.

Send me a message if you want any other details and I can even put you through to one of the Coterie managers who would be keen to add to the group.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

20. Thanks SquirrelGrip, angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post