Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  119
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Naughton a Bulldog for life

Naughton a Bulldog for life

Star forward Aaron Naughton is a Bulldog for life.

The 23-year-old has pledged his long-term future to the red, white and blue after committing to an eight-year contract extension, keeping him at the Kennel until at least the end of 2032.

With a year remaining on a current deal, it means Naughton will run out in front of the Bulldogs? faithful for a further nine seasons.

Naughton has become a leader of the football side after joining the leadership group in 2022, showing consistency beyond his years to kick 142 goals across the past three seasons.

The Western Australian joined the Bulldogs in 2017 via Pick 9 in the National Draft and despite beginning his career as a defender, he now sits among the best key forwards in the game.

Naughton is a two-time leading goalkicker for the red, white and blue, amassing 191 goals in 123 games, whilst missing just three matches since the beginning of 2021.

Naughton himself was pleased to lock away his future at the Bulldogs.

?It?s a special moment for me to sign, particularly for my family,? Naughton said.

?To sign a long contract and to be here to stay, especially for my teammates as well, I want them to know I am in it with them together. To play alongside these guys for the years to come is really exciting.

?When you get drafted by this club and they make you feel so welcome, not only myself, but the whole family back in WA, it?s fantastic. You build strong connections with all your teammates and I have some of my best mates here.

?I am bullish on this group and what we can achieve in the years to come. It is a lot of hard work and I know this group is willing to put in every day.?

Bulldogs? General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power, couldn?t have been more thrilled to retain Naughton for the next nine years.

?Aaron is an outstanding player and an exceptional person and there is no doubt this is an exciting day for the Club and our members and fans,? Power said.

?We love what Aaron brings to this football club each and every day, so it?s fantastic that we?ve been able to agree on a long-term contract extension prior to the start of 2024, alongside his manager Andrew McDougall at Corporate Sports Australia.

?Aaron?s re-signing is another strong showing of confidence in the Club?s long-term ambitions and culture.

?Aaron continues to be a vital leader amongst the group, setting the benchmark on and off the field as the Club looks to climb back up the ladder.

?We see Aaron as a huge part of the Bulldogs? future, being only 23 years of age, and we?re delighted our supporters can watch him run out for years to come.?
    Last edited by bornadog; 04-10-2023 at 10:15 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Star Dog in talks

Some good news.

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Some good news.
    What’s with it? Our media folk back to work today?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What’s with it? Our media folk back to work today?
    Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I don't disagree good news has been thin on the ground but here is some...let's just roll with it.

(Then again, I'm not sure you would call it good news...I think it's good news but there are divergent opinions on this player...and that's ok.)
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

7. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

I don't disagree good news has been thin on the ground but here is some...let's just roll with it.

(Then again, I'm not sure you would call it good news...I think it's good news but there are divergent opinions on this player...and that's ok.)
    Not unhappy. Just been wondering what they’ve been doing for nearly a couple of months.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Been waiting all week for this, perhaps more to come.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

What's your feel mjp? Is there a massive lure home?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Been waiting all week for this, perhaps more to come.
    You sound like you know. What's in the box!? What's in the box!?

Post Thanks / Like

I clicked on this with trepidation!

It’s good news at last. Btw, Jamarra and Naughton are on holiday together, which I view as a good sign of their future together. Just like how Bont and Dunks were best friends…hang on
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

14. Thanks Hotdog60, josie thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, Bullies, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    You sound like you know. What's in the box!? What's in the box!?
    Lets see how the week unfolds.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I clicked on this with trepidation!

It’s good news at last. Btw, Jamarra and Naughton are on holiday together, which I view as a good sign of their future together. Just like how Bont and Dunks were best friends…hang on
    Are you trying to turn good news into bad news. You pessimist.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah boys get around him! This is what we want to see.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Fake news.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Fake news.
    I saw the thread title and thought it was about extending Gardner's contract.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

20. Likes whythelongface liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously this will be the best news if we can sign Naughts to a 5 year deal. He is just about to hit his straps and will tear the competition apart in the next few seasons.

22. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post