Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Aker and Braun settle it

According to Hutchie Braun will be receiving $60,000.

40,000 from channel 7 and 20,000 from 3AW.

Acker will be getting together with Braun before the match against the Eagles on channel 7 (presumably that Friday night) where he may or may not apologize.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aker and Braun settle it

Can i ask why would he have to apologize if he never named him? It was the press that did not him.And even then was just guesswork wasnt it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Can i ask why would he have to apologize if he never named him? It was the press that did not him.And even then was just guesswork wasnt it?
    Not official that Acker will apologize. Hutchie said he didn't think Acker would which would be strange. It will be interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Well if he apologizes he is admitting it was him. Maybe he will apologize because they got the wrong person? And why apologize he got 60,000 out of it, should give Aker 30,000 for doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the full story here?
    60K seems pretty low considering the amount of media it received at the time.
    Hush money?
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 18-04-2008 at 10:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    60K seems pretty low considering the amount of media it reeived at the time.
    Hush money?
    They led out with the innuendo a bit too early and whilst it was found to be unsubstantiated he probably deserved something for his trouble. If the amount quoted is true then I think $60,000 is good coin.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They led out with the innuendo a bit too early and whilst it was found to be unsubstantiated he probably deserved something for his trouble. If the amount quoted is true then I think $60,000 is good coin.
    Yes 60K is good coin but I'd want substantially more given my name has been dragged through the mud right through Australia.

For channel 7 a 40K layout for a story that got them plenty of coverage seems a fair investment.

I think there is a lot more to it than we are made to think.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes 60K is good coin but I'd want substantially more given my name has been dragged through the mud right through Australia.

For channel 7 a 40K layout for a story that got them plenty of coverage seems a fair investment.

I think there is a lot more to it than we are made to think.
    It's a fine balance for the channels concerned and the player. Any more would have looked like a cover up and left the player out to dry, again, as a greedy so and so.
    I agree that the AFL, West Coast, Braun and the media know a bit more about this than they can share. At least this way, the case is now closed and I think Braun would be happier about that than necessarily wrangling a bit more coin from them and allowing it to go into a full investigation.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Well if he apologizes he is admitting it was him. Maybe he will apologize because they got the wrong person? And why apologize he got 60,000 out of it, should give Aker 30,000 for doing it.
    I'd say Aker will apologise for making the accusations about a West Coast player in the first place which led to 7/AW accusing Braun who of course he never named as the player.
    He'll apologise in a roundabout fashion even though he didn't directly name Braun.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

60K seems pretty low considering the amount of media it received at the time.
    Hush money?
    Not really, the courts are fairly reluctant to hand out HUGE payment sanyway so $60k is a commercial admittance that what Ch7 and 3AW was wrong and ome compe for that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I'd say Aker will apologise for making the accusations about a West Coast player in the first place which led to 7/AW accusing Braun who of course he never named as the player.
    He'll apologise in a roundabout fashion even though he didn't directly name Braun.
    Aker never said it was a West Coast player.

The fact that Braun settled for such a trifling amount tells me Ch 7 & 3AW were on the right track and Braun is guilty as hell.

If I was wrongly accused of taking PED I'd be screaming blue murder and be wanting millions claiming lost endorsments.

Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it Aker has nothing to apologise for, beacause he did nothing wrong. He never named the player he thought was on drugs and the chances are that one of the West Coast players were on drugs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

The fact that Braun settled for such a trifling amount tells me Ch 7 & 3AW were on the right track and Braun is guilty as hell.

If I was wrongly accused of taking PED I'd be screaming blue murder and be wanting millions claiming lost endorsments.
    Glad it not just me that sees it that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

What with corporate Australia lining up to have Michael Braun endorse their products how could he not go for big bucks? He must have lost out on hundreds of dollars, so $60K is probably a bit disappointing.
    On the other hand maybe he just wants it over and done with.
    I'm pretty sure in the original article Akermanis mentioned that it was while playing WCE at the Gabba, but i could be wrong.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    What with corporate Australia lining up to have Michael Braun endorse their products how could he not go for big bucks? He must have lost out on hundreds of dollars, so $60K is probably a bit disappointing.
    On the other hand maybe he just wants it over and done with.
    I'm pretty sure in the original article Akermanis mentioned that it was while playing WCE at the Gabba, but i could be wrong.
    I thought the same thing also.

Pretty sure the club were named. Definitely no player named so its irrelevant either way.