Thanks Thanks:  86
Likes Likes:  291
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Kennel - Nick Coffield

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I was strong on this trade and have been really buoyed by the early training reports.

I think he's clearly a best 22 player. His body seems to be working for him atm, so fingers crossed that continues!
    It's the exact type of buy low, potentially for a high level player, we should be looking at every year.
    The fact he plays in a position of desperate need for us is a massive bonus too
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If I'm putting some of the pieces together correctly we had identified him as a potential target during the season and I would guess that has something to do with the discussions Power and his team had with Ramanauskas this year.
    With a list management decision made to not re-sign Tim O'Brien our focus moved even stronger towards bringing Coffield in.
    It also seems that when Power was spotted at a Collingwood game watching ?Ginivan? Power was actually watching Coffield!

Reading that Khamis is playing back also probably spelt the end of O?Brien (along with Coffield recruitment).
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes GVGjr, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bit vanilla I guess but I appreciate that he didn't give his former club a whack over anything. I'd imagine a lot of players once they leave suddenly decide they didn't appreciate certain things about their former club (like many of us would with our workplaces) but unlike Dunkley last year and Hamling this year (with Freo not us) he's kept things nice and simple. 'I just felt like I needed a new start' is pretty much the perfect line for him given his injuries.

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how happy he looks in his Bulldogs jumper. Ive got a good feeling about this trade
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Likes bornadog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I love how happy he looks in his Bulldogs jumper. Ive got a good feeling about this trade
    He loved the club as a child

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes MrMahatma, josie liked this post