Thanks Thanks:  86
Likes Likes:  291
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nick Coffield nominates Bulldogs

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...n3pLFIea8,st:0

Nick's first game highlights. Impressive. All depends on his body now.

2. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...n3pLFIea8,st:0

Nick's first game highlights. Impressive. All depends on his body now.

Nice

Post Thanks / Like

Morris:

Carlton: Wants more than a future fourth for Paddy Dow.
    St Kilda: Won't part with Pick 56 for Dow + wants Pick 40 from the Dogs for Nick Coffield.
    Dogs: Want something back if they are going to part with Pick 40 for Coffield.
    Essendon: Involved to help swap draft picks and unlock above trades.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Thanks azabob, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Morris:

St Kilda: Won't part with Pick 56 for Dow + wants Pick 40 from the Dogs for Nick Coffield.
    Carlton+Dogs seem reasonable. Sains being flogs and presumably Essendon being opportunistic and will gain something (I wish we were too)

Post Thanks / Like

Morris:

Are the saints serious? Just get the deals done...I said this would happen just before the trade period started.

Dow and Coffield are worth the same - NOTHING.

Saints wanting to pay nothing for Dow and expect us to pay through the nose for Coffield.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Are the saints serious? Just get the deals done...I said this would happen just before the trade period started.

Dow and Coffield are worth the same - NOTHING.

Saints wanting to pay nothing for Dow and expect us to pay through the nose for Coffield.
    They're trying to get Henry from Fremantle so unless the Coffield pick unlocks that they might hold firm for a while
    I think the pick we get for Sweet might help us with the Coffield deal.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They're trying to get Henry from Fremantle so unless the Coffield pick unlocks that they might hold firm for a while
    I think the pick we get for Sweet might help us with the Coffield deal.
    That might be dependent on Essendon's deal being done first though

Post Thanks / Like

If we’re giving up 40 the something back we’re after better be pick 39.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

13. Likes Testekill, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pick 40 might be a wasted pick after the Croft bid but I'd rather burn it on points then let the Saints try and take us for a ride for a player who hasn't played an AFL game in two years. Take him in the PSD or with one of our late picks, that's literally what it's for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Pick 40 might be a wasted pick after the Croft bid but I'd rather burn it on points then let the Saints try and take us for a ride for a player who hasn't played an AFL game in two years. Take him in the PSD or with one of our late picks, that's literally what it's for.
    Yep. At a worst case they have to hand back pick 56, if not another third rounder. It’s actually a trade that can unlock Henry for them this year without cutting into their future picks. This is why I don’t rate SOS. This should’ve been done already with Dow too. You’d think it was Taranto or Dunkley…

Other than that, PSD. No one will touch Coffield without a medical. Then we sell pick 40 for two 3rds and go in with more than enough points for Croft and Lual if he slides.

What is it with list managers being dicks this year more than normal?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade radio Twitter:

"There is a confidence that Nick Coffield and Paddy Dow will find homes by the end of today. There will be a three or four team trade it seems to satisfy all parties. Essendon may be involved with pick exchanges."

18. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Yep. At a worst case they have to hand back pick 56, if not another third rounder. It?s actually a trade that can unlock Henry for them this year without cutting into their future picks. This is why I don?t rate SOS. This should?ve been done already with Dow too. You?d think it was Taranto or Dunkley?

Other than that, PSD. No one will touch Coffield without a medical. Then we sell pick 40 for two 3rds and go in with more than enough points for Croft and Lual if he slides.

What is it with list managers being dicks this year more than normal?
    I already asked this but don't think it was answered - can't we just sign him as a delisted free agent from 1 November rather than waiting for the PSD if a trade is not agreed?

Post Thanks / Like

I get that the Saints would want more but I've now changed my mind that we might have to be prepared to let him go to the PSD. Not ideal but it solves a few challenges
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I already asked this but don't think it was answered - can't we just sign him as a delisted free agent from 1 November rather than waiting for the PSD if a trade is not agreed?
    I think if you've been offered a contract you're not 'delisted' and have to enter the draft or PSD. If you don't get drafted maybe then you're a DFA?

22. Thanks Axe Man thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I think if you've been offered a contract you're not 'delisted' and have to enter the draft or PSD. If you don't get drafted maybe then you're a DFA?
    Correct. St Kilda would need to delist him. If not, he’s uncontracted and can’t exercise DFA rights.

24. Thanks Axe Man thanked for this post