Thanks Thanks:  86
Likes Likes:  291
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nick Coffield nominates Bulldogs

Have you seen the Saints posturing that Liam Henry and Nick Coffield should be worth about the same price as high draft picks from their draft year - so whatever we give to Coffield then goes onto Freo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Have you seen the Saints posturing that Liam Henry and Nick Coffield should be worth about the same price as high draft picks from their draft year - so whatever we give to Coffield then goes onto Freo
    Does that mean we should get a good price for Christian Howard?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

3. Thanks Bulldog Revolution thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they said they expect the Coffield pick will pay for Henry so there's room for interpretation there (Henry worth less than Freo want or Coffield worth more than logic suggests). Doesn't fall far from BT's proposal but sounds like a couple clubs trying to posture up and get an overs price (look forward to this all dragging out to the end of trade period)

Post Thanks / Like

We've got a lot of hand with Coffield trade anyway. We pay what we think is fair.

He's out of contract and has had some major injury concerns. I'd be pretty confident we'd get him on the PSD. No club would before us would pick him up without having done a medical.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I think they said they expect the Coffield pick will pay for Henry so there's room for interpretation there (Henry worth less than Freo want or Coffield worth more than logic suggests). Doesn't fall far from BT's proposal but sounds like a couple clubs trying to posture up and get an overs price (look forward to this all dragging out to the end of trade period)
    It's definitely posturing, but pretty bizarre that St Kilda are drawing a straight line in terms of trade value between a guy that played 16 games and averaged 20+ disposals per game in 2023 and a guy that's done an ACL and hasn't played a minute of AFL footy since 2021.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    It's definitely posturing, but pretty bizarre that St Kilda are drawing a straight line in terms of trade value between a guy that played 16 games and averaged 20+ disposals per game in 2023 and a guy that's done an ACL and hasn't played a minute of AFL footy since 2021.
    100% but I suspect it makes Saints fans feel better at least about losing him (for now)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Do you really think he's a proven senior defender PM?

I don't disagree that he's worth a shot, but proven?

We should be giving up ZERO for this player.
    5th in the 2020 Trevor Barker medal would suggest that, granted 2021 wasn?t as fruitful and then of course he?s been injured ever since.

Completely agree this trade should involve a late pick only, but I?m encouraged by his return with Sandringham late this season.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

So if Billings was to nominate us they would want a straight swap for Bont?

10. Thanks kruder thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh, Topdog, WBFC4FFC, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to think Coffield is over the young body injuries and now shows his talent .. some clubs are great at picking up injury prone players and making them good.
    Let it be us for once.
    Bring back the biff

12. Likes hujsh, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    We've got a lot of hand with Coffield trade anyway. We pay what we think is fair.

He's out of contract and has had some major injury concerns. I'd be pretty confident we'd get him on the PSD. No club would before us would pick him up without having done a medical.
    If he walks to the PSD and wr get him , thats a lot of goodwill gained by him for the club . Recruit that cost us nothing in terms of trade currency.
    I hope essendon do not get him out of spite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Does that mean we should get a good price for Christian Howard?
    You're lucky you didn't say Patty Vez. He's apparently putting in the big ones for another crack.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes EasternWest, SquirrelGrip, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect this will play out like most other trades.
    We will pay a bit more than we should to get him across and the Saints will accept a lot less than they think is fair and reasonable.

The Saints want something for Coffield so they can use it to acquire Henry from Fremantle but that won't be the case.
    Henry's had a good season for Fremantle whereas Coffield hasn't played for 2 years so it's not going to match. Where they were drafted in their draft years is irrelevant.

We've typically landed players who nominate us so we will won't risk him going to the PSD.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes Bulldog Revolution, Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    You're lucky you didn't say Patty Vez. He's apparently putting in the big ones for another crack.
    Wonder what his contract situation is?
    "It's over. It's all over."

19. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does having Coffield and Richards allow us to go back to having just two key defenders due to their ability to intercept? One of the biggest issues this year was the disposal of our key backs killing our ball movement.

I still think Busslinger is well off the pace and also could see Dale being moved higher up the ground.

21. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Does having Coffield and Richards allow us to go back to having just two key defenders due to their ability to intercept? One of the biggest issues this year was the disposal of our key backs killing our ball movement.

I still think Busslinger is well off the pace and also could see Dale being moved higher up the ground.
    It would certainly give us that option against teams going in with a smaller forward set-up.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

23. Likes kruder liked this post