Thanks Thanks:  86
Likes Likes:  291
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nick Coffield nominates Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Why? How?
    Because when we played Geelong late in the year he posted that we should offer unconditional support for the duration...than 10 minutes later criticised the coach for the Tom Stewart match-up. I replied saying:
    Tweet 1- We should all offer unconditional support.
    Tweet 2 - criticise the coach.

...and was blocked basically immediately. No abuse, no inappropriate language...anyhoooooo
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

2. Likes G-Mo77, jeemak, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Because when we played Geelong late in the year he posted that we should offer unconditional support for the duration...than 10 minutes later criticised the coach for the Tom Stewart match-up. I replied saying:

...and was blocked basically immediately. No abuse, no inappropriate language...anyhoooooo
    It's no Footscray Bulldogs Fanboy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

That's pretty funny.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    It's no Footscray Bulldogs Fanboy.
    "Better looking than expected"

Post Thanks / Like

HUN:

Dogs likely to get Coffield for second/third round swap.

Dogs likely to get 49 for Sweet.

Let?s say worst case it?s just one third back from Aints, Pick 56

Then:

48 - 302
    49 - 287 (589)
    53 - 233 (822)
    56 - 194 (1,016)
    69 - 49 (1,065)
    72 & 75 traded or thrown away

= Croft at basically Pick 10. If he slides, that?s the points if Lual becomes a live option.

Also, as GCS have a ton of lower picks to burn as they match bids our picks will slightly increase. Maybe only 100-130 points overall, but increase none the less.

We need 6 list spots open. So I’m assuming Croz & Bedendo will join McLean in the our column.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    HUN:

Dogs likely to get Coffield for second/third round swap.

Dogs likely to get 49 for Sweet.

Let?s say worst case it?s just one third back from Aints, Pick 56

Then:

48 - 302
    49 - 287 (589)
    53 - 233 (822)
    56 - 194 (1,016)
    69 - 49 (1,065)
    72 & 75 traded or thrown away

= Croft at basically Pick 10. If he slides, that?s the points if Lual becomes a live option.
    Do 72 and 75 have any points value BT?

Please and thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Do 72 and 75 have any points value BT?

Please and thank you.
    72 has just 19.
    75 has none.

They might nudge up ever so fractionally. But we’d need to open up more list spots than we have, so I’d say we are not going to use them unless we are moving two rookie spots to the main list which would cost more money than the points would ever be worth.

So I’d say we would look to potentially trade them or just pass on them. For points purposes.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

72 has just 19.
    75 has none.

They might nudge up ever so fractionally. But we’d need to open up more list spots than we have, so I’d say we are not going to use them unless we are moving two rookie spots to the main list which would cost more money than the points would ever be worth.

So I’d say we would look to potentially trade them or just pass on them. For points purposes.
    They don't NOW but on draft night after all the late picks get used on bids they might. 4th round last year ended up starting pick 60 didn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    They don't NOW but on draft night after all the late picks get used on bids they might. 4th round last year ended up starting pick 60 didn't it?
    By the time Croft is bid on (say 10-13) they won’t move drastically higher in points. By the end of the draft perhaps. But Power hasn’t indicated we are interested in drafting late. If there’s 55-60 picks as rumoured/projected, it matters little.

Post Thanks / Like

72 has just 19.
    75 has none.

So probably won't be useful for a Lual bid then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    So probably won't be useful for a Lual bid then?
    I don’t think so. Lual needs to get to Pick 41 to be ours (218 points) but at Pick 56 is free. So say he gets to about 150 points. That could be bridged from as little as Croft going at 11 (not 10) and say two GCS bids before ours nudging our picks up. Both highly likely events.

I doubt anyone is interested in the picks is there’s only maybe 60 picks overall but who knows, maybe we can trade them out for a F4.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think so. Lual needs to get to Pick 41 to be ours (218 points) but at Pick 56 is free. So say he gets to about 150 points. That could be bridged from as little as Croft going at 11 (not 10) and say two GCS bids before ours nudging our picks up. Both highly likely events.

I doubt anyone is interested in the picks is there’s only maybe 60 picks overall but who knows, maybe we can trade them out for a F4.
    Trust in the Power of Sam

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

By the time Croft is bid on (say 10-13) they won’t move drastically higher in points. By the end of the draft perhaps. But Power hasn’t indicated we are interested in drafting late. If there’s 55-60 picks as rumoured/projected, it matters little.
    Might be relevant for latish points trades, even if not for Croft, or even matching a Lual bid should he fall that far.

Post Thanks / Like

Coffield could be a great fit for us. Can play on a range of opponents and that should be a positive. Third tall defender and having Naughton, Richards and Coffield from the same draft could set us up for a few years to come.
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

19. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Coffield could be a great fit for us. Can play on a range of opponents and that should be a positive. Third tall defender and having Naughton, Richards and Coffield from the same draft could set us up for a few years to come.
    Providing we can get him fit and he stays that way he should be able to slot into the side for us. 3 x 1st rounders doesn't happen often

There are a few gaps starting to appear in that draft group

#3 Paddy Dow is swapping teams after under-performing for the Blues
    #6 Jaidyn Stephenson isn't meeting his potential and joined a 2nd club'
    #7 Hunter Clark is an okay player but hasn't quite met his potential
    #8 Nick Coffield looks very likely to land at the Kennel after missing 2 years of football
    #10 Lockie O'Brien has been delisted by the Blues
    #11 Aiden Bonner is in a holding pattern with North and might be delisted and it's his 2nd club
    #13 Jarrod Brander is not on a list
    #14 Matthew Ling is not on a list
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

21. Likes Jasper liked this post