Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  45
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We should be Happy we have Pick 4

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    You can't take NGA kids inside the top 40 picks anymore IIRC. That's why we won't get Lual if someone picks him in the top 40. GWS and GC being exceptions I think.

Was changed after Jamarra and now other clubs that would have benefited miss out
    You can't match bids for NGA players prior to pick 40 but I think the question asked is if they rate him so highly could they consider taking him at #3?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    And he?s always been aboard ours too.

Oh god....

Thats a lot of secret herbs and spices for KFB.

4. Likes josie, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    What was all the news that North got the AFL to acknowledge him as a NGA player for? Surely they take him at pick 3?
    North wanted another free kick from the AFL by being able to match a bid for Sanders inside the top 40, despite it being against the rules. Thankfully the AFL didn't pay that one, but gave them plenty of other charities. I'm not sure it is any reflection on how they rate him compared to others.

6. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dukedog View Post
    I agree with your thinking in general.

But Caleb Daniel says Hi.
    Lachie Neale 178cm
    I think that would be ok if we drafted Watson at pick 46 like Caleb. Pick 4 though, is he that good? is there potential to improve?
    Unless he ends up being Charlie Cameron like, it's a huge call to select on small forward at pick 4 over a dominant mid.
    Remember we got the Bont at pick 4. Would you pick any small forward over the Bont? CC would be the only one that would even come close to consideration, and that is with the benefit of hindsight. I just don't see the potential growth in a small forward like Watson to warrant pick 4.

I like the look of Duursma, reminds me of a young Bont. There is plenty of development in his frame as well.
    I don't see that as much with Reid, Watson and Sanders, but i guess we'll see.

Priority for me is that run and gun pace through the middle.

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw Metro highlights, Nick Watson remimded me of Brad Johnson.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

I?ve come around to the pick upgrade.

Lots to play out still, however looking like we can get a high quality player. I don?t know enough about them to have a view on who we should target over others. I do agree selecting a small player who may only be able to play small forward is a risk. It?s definitely an area of need having a player who has elite agility, speed and ability to crumb / apply defensive pressure.

For some reason I keep thinking of Ben Kennedy who I rated very highly if you trawl back through the depths of this forum. He was fast, an excellent kick and I was sure destined for a long career.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    I think that would be ok if we drafted Watson at pick 46 like Caleb. Pick 4 though, is he that good? is there potential to improve?
    Unless he ends up being Charlie Cameron like, it's a huge call to select on small forward at pick 4 over a dominant mid.
    Remember we got the Bont at pick 4. Would you pick any small forward over the Bont? CC would be the only one that would even come close to consideration, and that is with the benefit of hindsight. I just don't see the potential growth in a small forward like Watson to warrant pick 4.

I like the look of Duursma, reminds me of a young Bont. There is plenty of development in his frame as well.
    I don't see that as much with Reid, Watson and Sanders, but i guess we'll see.

Priority for me is that run and gun pace through the middle.
    For sure, I agree if watson was only ever going to be a small forward. I think Neale was a high pick in the 50's or something. I guess it also depends whether a team thinks he could become something else. it would be a tough job selecting in drafts, so many fail to live up to it in the top 10. if i was picking id pick MCkerch/sanders. safer bet in my opinion. especially when we need some midfield speed.
    \
    Mind you i reckon Caleb D would go alright in the midfield like a little terrier.

11. Likes josie liked this post