Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  32
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bailey Smith - What's the right price?

This snippet from a HS article about "Bailey Smith Experience" show at beachfront cafe and restaurant The Dunes in Ocean Grove on October 5.

Nothing interesting except this excerpt ...

Hawthorn recently declared its chase for Smith was off, with the midfielder set to remain a Bulldog.

Hawks list boss Rob McCartney said Smith was a "wonderful player", but the powerful midfielder's management had made it clear to the club he wanted to stay at Whitten Oval.

McCartney said Hawthorn had explored a trade move for Smith but heard he was not looking to play elsewhere next season after a turbulent campaign at the Bulldogs.

"Bailey, he's a wonderful player. I reckon there's 18 clubs including the Bulldogs who are saying, "he would make us better" in saying that, I know that conversations with his manager are very, very clear that he?s committed to the Bulldogs in 2024, so at this stage I don't think there's anything happening in that space" he said.
    Again, not sure if declaring it's off in the media really mean it's off anyway.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Have we traded Baz for Hawks first pick yet? That’s the best move we can make all trade period.
    We apparently turned it down. I hope we don't repeat the Dunkley saga again. Turn down a good pick and then he leaves next year and nominates a top 4 club.

Post Thanks / Like

Reckon we trade him this year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Delre View Post
    Reckon we trade him this year
    As in we should trade him or he is going to ask for it?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking before reading the ?hawks are linked to Watson? now (and their chips in player linked to North now), whether that?s a deliberate ploy by the Hawks to put out there they will get the player we traded up for? Whether they think that?s some leverage to come to us to see if we trade Smith for Watson/Pick 4 (& F2?). With Sanders to replace Smith as a mid.

Just a thought.

Also two F2 next year might get us back a F1 from a few different clubs. (F1 for 2 x F2’s)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bailey is an interesting one. If the club had the right people to help Bailey sort out his head, then he would be a top 10 player in the comp. He seems like a kid that was obsessed with footy & got his wish to be a pro. Has lived the dream the last few years & now is tumbling back down to earth & wondering 'is this it?'

It reminds me of a fabulous quote from Jim Carey 'I wish everyone could have the chance to be rich & famous & have everything they ever dreamed of, cause then they'll know that that's not it'. The kid is struggling imo & thinks hard work will change it. There are a lot of amazing resources out there, amazing minds that can help unlock these battles & find yourself. Would love to have a chat with this kid.

Personally, i think this is an area the club should invest heavily in. The reward is enormous in getting the best out of your players. Be bold, be different.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely this whole lets trade Bailey Smith has been put to bed? We cant trade him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Surely this whole lets trade Bailey Smith has been put to bed? We cant trade him.
    For the right price, and especially if we don't think he's staying, we can trade him