Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  129
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs- James Harmes

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Agree, there was a reason he didn’t play much footy for Melbourne last year.
    Pay him out and whoever gave him the deal goes as well. He was awful in the VFL last year so not how anyone can give him a 3 year contract at the top level on $400k per year by all accounts. Mind blowing.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Pay him out and whoever gave him the deal goes as well. He was awful in the VFL last year so not how anyone can give him a 3 year contract at the top level on $400k per year by all accounts. Mind blowing.
    The three years probably got him across. Agree it's abysmal list management. He's been cooked for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    The three years probably got him across. Agree it's abysmal list management. He's been cooked for a while.
    Please no more hasbeens from other clubs
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we're consistently unable to lure quality of any semblance so we've gotta recruit someone I suppose.

It's quite the collection of doorstops we're amassing.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

What about never wases? Because I think Harmes slots more appropriately there.

This is yet another example of me being honey dicked by club propaganda pre season articles and warming to something that I should have listened to the alarm bells on all along .
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes jDogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I said this on another chat we are desperately trying to find a depth mixture that works for us. All clubs have players in roles that aren't stars.
    I don't mind the intent you can only get what's available and i think many times we aren't the popular choice. We were after Schultz he chose the pies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I said this on another chat we are desperately trying to find a depth mixture that works for us. All clubs have players in roles that aren't stars.
    I don't mind the intent you can only get what's available and i think many times we aren't the popular choice. We were after Schultz he chose the pies.
    Interestingly Schultz is struggling at the pies.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What was the point of this?
    If we're not using him defensively, I don't know.

Last night was the exact game & scenario he'd be used for and we.... didn't use him for it. If we wanted a mediocre wingman we already signed two for free last year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

12. Likes jDogs, bulldogtragic, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I thought his signing was actually half decent because I thought they were addressing a clear need for us. I can't believe what these people are thinking or doing!

Post Thanks / Like

Last night was the exact game & scenario he'd be used for and we.... didn't use him for it. If we wanted a mediocre wingman we already signed two for free last year.
    Yeah, why you wouldn?t clamp him onto one of Serong or Brayshaw I have no idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yeah, why you wouldn?t clamp him onto one of Serong or Brayshaw I have no idea.
    Makes no sense. We get a run with player and we don't tag. If we were ever going to tag last night at 1/4 time was it.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s utterly confusing. If i recall correctly we were talking up his harder edge and defensive pressure and just said to him imitate McNeil’s last few years. Did the coaching box forget about this hard defensive edge?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah he is another I don't get what we are doing with.

I think we really set up our role guys to fail giving them such different roles when they go back to VFL.

Harmes has plenty of CBAs when in the VFL. If we aren't going to do that in AFL with lockdowns or whatever, play him in a wing/forward role primarily at VFL level.

Daniel doesn't look at option at HBF in AFL level yet it's where we have played him in VFL. I'd like him spend time forward in the VFL.

Garcia heaps of CBAs at VFL level and played forward in AFL. I'd like him to spend time fwd and wing as well as CBAs when he is inevitably black in the VFL.

Sanders atm probably a 25-30% CBA guy at AFL if he gets back in anytime soon. Give him some time elsewhere during in the VFL.

19. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post

I think we really set up our role guys to fail giving them such different roles when they go back to VFL.

Harmes has plenty of CBAs when in the VFL. If we aren't going to do that in AFL with lockdowns or whatever, play him in a wing/forward role primarily at VFL level.

Daniel doesn't look at option at HBF in AFL level yet it's where we have played him in VFL. I'd like him spend time forward in the VFL.

Garcia heaps of CBAs at VFL level and played forward in AFL. I'd like him to spend time fwd and wing as well as CBAs when he is inevitably black in the VFL.

Sanders atm probably a 25-30% CBA guy at AFL if he gets back in anytime soon. Give him some time elsewhere during in the VFL.
    When you lay it out like that, what the **** are we doing?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post

It seems VFL is more about getting a bunch of ball than learning a role within the system. For some players who need some confidence or to rediscover touch that might be appropriate but it’s a really good call that most aren’t getting exposure to what we want them to do at senior level.

I get that the game is vastly different in many ways, so maybe what we do is what every team does and it’s the way we have to do it, however it seems odd at face value.

22. Likes lemmon liked this post