Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  22
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Name the players

Who was the player traded from another club, that played less than 20 games for the Bulldogs but over 30% of these games were finals (including 6 of the last 7 game he played at AFL level)?
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Who was the player traded from another club, that played less than 20 games for the Bulldogs but over 30% of these games were finals (including 6 of the last 7 game he played at AFL level)?
    Wild guess, Tim Callan?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Wild guess, Tim Callan?
    Spot on. Pretty wild that nearly 1/3rd of his total games with us were finals, and the 6 finals (out of his last 7 games played) were spread out over 3 seasons.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes Grantysghost, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spot on. Pretty wild that nearly 1/3rd of his total games with us were finals, and the 6 finals (out of his last 7 games played) were spread out over 3 seasons.
    I just recall someone mentioning it once that he was out for so long one year that he played a run of games in finals in two years.
    I didn't mind him at all but he was injured too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Player from interstate who played one game for the dogs, but then had to return interstate as he had played without a clearance?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Player from interstate who played one game for the dogs, but then had to return interstate as he had played without a clearance?
    Was it O'Keefe from SA
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the Twitter followers has named the missing player to Twodogs terrific effort.

Neil Peart came to us from Richmond for one season in 1985 before returning to the Tigers in 1986.
    Peart played 2 finals for us in 1985 and only played 9 games for us in that season.
    I remember being very pissed off that Peart returned to the tigers. He got to play centre half forward and would have helped us make the finals in '86.

10. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Was it O'Keefe from SA
    Nope. I don't recall O'Keefe.

Post Thanks / Like

Was it John Riley?

13. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it John Riley?
    Well done GVG.

I remember playing the one game at the Western oval in the '80's. I could be wrong but i think his hair was greying prematurely.

He was probably the only interstater recruited by Shane O'Sullivan that didn't work out.

Just read that at the time he played that one game he was completing his PhD in atomic physics. One could only imagine the locker room conversations if he had stayed..

Post Thanks / Like

Well done GVG.

I remember playing the one game at the Western oval in the '80's. I could be wrong but i think his hair was greying prematurely.

He was probably the only interstater recruited by Shane O'Sullivan that didn't work out.

Just read that at the time he played that one game he was completing his PhD in atomic physics. One could only imagine the locker room conversations if he had stayed..
    Haha. Need a scanning electron microscope to see that mate.

16. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done GVG.

I can recall Mick Malthouse talking about him. Really thought he could be a senior player

18. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope. I don't recall O'Keefe.
    I think I had the name mixed up - Riley is the one. O'Keefe played 3 games for us
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done GVG.

The rumour was that as part of his recruitment package we provided him with a new car which he promptly pointed toward Adelaide and drove home in!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

From memory Peter Bradbury kicked the winning goal against a howling wind for the Bombers in the last qtr.

I'll never forget the half time score that day, both teams were level on 0.7.7 each
    Was at that game. Nothing worse than losing a close game and walking home sopping wet.