Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  81
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL player tests positive for drugs

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I never said let them take drugs G. I'm merely stating as a father I would always be telling my kids these people are people you should not look up to & idolise.
    If they aren't eating McDonalds then its even worse to be doing ads for them. Thats the problem with society & its highlighted by celebrities. As long as there is some coin in it for them, then they'll put their name to it. No principles, stand for nothing! Its only McDonalds, its only BET263 (or whatever its called). You are selling a little bit of your soul by influencing people to spend their hard earned on products that don't serve them well. There is no honour in that.
    At club land they've got welfare staff to support the players and we've even got a mentor or a minder type set-up. Most Clubs are also been working their way off the pokies money and divesting interests there.
    If you don't want the likes of McDonalds, Mars bars and Pancake Parlours to be part of the clubs sponsors well that might be a struggle but all those are okay in moderation and are certainly not illicit or illegal activities in the football code.

I get that I'm out of step with the majority of society in terms of how drug taking is viewed but I just don't believe we can accept it the way many people seem to be prepared to. It's a tough challenge no doubt but not one we should be walking away from.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The timing of the announcements was a crock as well. Two case get announced straight after the trade week is over isn't a coincidence.
    The saying that when you're given a choice between a cock up and a conspiracy go with the cock up 9 times out of 10 applies in the reverse on this case.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    No offence G but that is rubbish. Healthy lifestyle while promoting McDonalds? Thats stuff is not even real food, its poison & yet players & the AFL think its totally ok to INFLUENCE the public into eating poison. What about the gambling ads? The AFL does not care, all they care about is image & their narrative.

There are no morale standards anymore just standards & the corporations who put up the money determine those standards. Clubs use all the buzz words like leadership but very few know what that means.

Kids need to be taught this stuff because then they can see it for what it is. Socially responsible? Was it responsible for our club & the AFL to support medical apartheid? Yep I said it! There is no sugar coating it, thats what it was.
    Not gonna lie, you had me in the first half.

I agree that the AFL has no moral high ground on any subject given their major sponsors, however that is also a product of the world we live in where it is very rare to be able to make a purely ethical choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Not gonna lie, you had me in the first half.

I agree that the AFL has no moral high ground on any subject given their major sponsors, however that is also a product of the world we live in where it is very rare to be able to make a purely ethical choice.
    McDonald's is a great employer of our youth!

It's a shame it's cult like in its indoctrination of kids, but education should lead them out of the mist.

#standbyronald

Post Thanks / Like

At least there's one thing we know about the Demons (and even Smith) in the finals this season.

Clearly none of them were on performance enhancing drugs.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

It says on the front page of the Herald Sun that Oliver was at Smith's place just before he ended up at Footscray Hospital.

Smith must live in Footscray or Yarraville or thereabouts.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.