Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  285
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melbourne Watch 2023/24

Melbourne apparently owe Brayshaw something like 3 Mill on his contract and will need to apply for dispensation to pay some or all of his contract outside of the salary cap.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Thanks azabob, Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It just underlines that players with some serious concussions are very vulnerable.
    It's never just one concussion that causes the damage, it's cumulative. One person that should be followed regarding information on concussions is Chris Nowinski, he's a former pro wrestler who had to retire from post concussion syndrome only three years into his career and is now one of the leading experts on CTE.

4. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne apparently owe Brayshaw something like 3 Mill on his contract and will need to apply for dispensation to pay some or all of his contract outside of the salary cap.
    It’s an interesting one. What should a player be paid out if he is medically retired? And who should pay - club, AFL or insurer?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

6. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    It?s an interesting one. What should a player be paid out if he is medically retired? And who should pay - club, AFL or insurer?
    I guess he was injured at work and is employed by the club not the AFL.
    My guess is the club.
    Insurance is an interesting one. I dare say that may be the future however not sure the insurer would take the risk?

Interesting read :https://anziif.com/professional-deve...ad-of-the-game

8. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If the club do have to pay out of their salary cap - does that affect what contract you are offering English?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    If the club do have to pay out of their salary cap - does that affect what contract you are offering English?
    It probably doesn't change much but perhaps a slightly shorter contract offer might be made.
    The genuine interest by West Coast is what is driving up the contract value and the length of a deal.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I guess he was injured at work and is employed by the club not the AFL.
    My guess is the club.
    Insurance is an interesting one. I dare say that may be the future however not sure the insurer would take the risk?

Interesting read :https://anziif.com/professional-deve...ad-of-the-game
    Over time the AFL may need to self insure on this. I’m not aware of WorkSafe’s position on professional sports injuries.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Over time the AFL may need to self insure on this. I?m not aware of WorkSafe?s position on professional sports injuries.
    Does it come under Workcare Policy?

edit:

Found this article but no update on findings:

WorkSafe appoints concussion experts to investigate AFL

see here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Does it come under Workcare Policy?

edit:

Found this article but no update on findings:

WorkSafe appoints concussion experts to investigate AFL

see here
    The interesting part is, Melbourne will be trying to get his contract now paid OUTSIDE the salary cap, this is fraught with so much danger, What if it is back loaded and melbourne got him for nothing early on?

Surely the payout has to stay 100% within the cap. Its no different to having a player who does 3 ACL's and career over too?

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melbourne Watch 2023

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    They all had a bit of a bump at 3 quarter time?
    It looked more like someone roofied our gatorade about 90 seconds before 3 Qtr time in the 21 GF.
    I'll check with GG he'll have a vivid and descriptive recollection of how that that dumpster fire got lit.

17. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hold zero love for Melbourne.. but unless it is somehow shown they knew of this impending decision, or even had a whiff it was a potential outcome and they restructured his contract to reflect them expecting to be able to a) remunerate Brasyhaw fairly, and b) be able to expunge the salary from their cap through medical circumstances, then it should not be an issue.

They're not suggesting that are they? Because if so, then screw them, pay Brayshaw and cop the full salary hit, plus lose say a 3rd round pick for being shit-asses

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    It looked more like someone roofied our gatorade about 90 seconds before 3 Qtr time in the 21 GF.
    I'll check with GG he'll have a vivid and descriptive recollection of how that that dumpster fire got lit.
    GG was drinking the same gatorade on the night it now appears.

20. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    GG was drinking the same gatorade on the night it now appears.
    Look that was a difficult night for all, some more than others..... but we'll always have GG going rogue to nestle fondly in our memory

22. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Look that was a difficult night for all, some more than others..... but we'll always have GG going rogue to nestle fondly in our memory
    Well if the gatorade also caused memory loss then I wish I had my hands on some. Maybe it did....maybe that's why we thought there was no point reviewing the game.....hmm this all adds up too well to not be correct.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Well if the gatorade also caused memory loss then I wish I had my hands on some. Maybe it did....maybe that's why we thought there was no point reviewing the game.....hmm this all adds up too well to not be correct.
    What game???
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

25. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post