Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  285
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melbourne Watch 2023/24

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Yeah let's bring anti-vax views into this. What we were all missing lol
    Way to miss the point. How about let's never, ever again compromise doctor/patient confidentiality in a (notionally) free and democratic society. Zero tolerance, no exceptions.

Glad to see that everybody is waving their pompoms for Liam now. History will judge him very kindly.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Boy that scomo is a great guy.
    Terrible human and politician - they all were/are

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yes young guys are going to explore their boundaries aren't they.

I don't know what the right way is, i think this policy is close to the mark just needs some tweaks.

Joel Smith wouldn't agree. He seems to be being made a scape goat i doubt he's trafficking in the sense we all understand that term to mean.

It' s easy to straw man it and say why have laws? As we all know though things are never black and white so we need to walk the spectrum until we find a niche.
    Oh I'm not saying we shouldn't have laws. I just think that we should have more sensible discussion about what those laws are... and the relationship to consequences, punishment and what the intended goal of any consequences are. I just don't think personally locking people up or removing their employment is always the answer. That' a general statement I know, and I certainly do think there are common sense applications. There are many jobs where we need confidence people are not off their chops and thus a requirement of abstinence.

I'm not convinced professional sport should be in that category of real punitive punishment..and loss of career. I think we can design a less blunt mechanism with nuance that provides the appropriate response for a drug related infraction in sport.
    The league being clandestine and opaque doesn't help given confidence the current system is right.

4. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Boy that scomo is a great guy.
    Insert shudder gif.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Way to miss the point. How about let's never, ever again compromise doctor/patient confidentiality in a (notionally) free and democratic society. Zero tolerance, no exceptions.

Glad to see that everybody is waving their pompoms for Liam now. History will judge him very kindly.
    Just like you missed my point

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Just like you missed my point
    Not all vaccines are equal

Some of them actually work - I quite like those ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Not all vaccines are equal

Some of them actually work - I quite like those ones.
    I'll be more clear. No one wants to go be and talk about Covid stuff. We've all moved on. This is not the place to relitigate it if you are determined to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Oh I'm not saying we shouldn't have laws. I just think that we should have more sensible discussion about what those laws are... and the relationship to consequences, punishment and what the intended goal of any consequences are. I just don't think personally locking people up or removing their employment is always the answer. That' a general statement I know, and I certainly do think there are common sense applications. There are many jobs where we need confidence people are not off their chops and thus a requirement of abstinence.

I'm not convinced professional sport should be in that category of real punitive punishment..and loss of career. I think we can design a less blunt mechanism with nuance that provides the appropriate response for a drug related infraction in sport.
    The league being clandestine and opaque doesn't help given confidence the current system is right.
    Totally agree, the whole system needs a re-think and sensible rules need to be in place. AFL think they are in a world of their own.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Richard Ings, ex ASADA which is now SIA was on the radio today and believes this is all a beat up.

The AFL goes beyond what it?s required to do from a legislative perspective, which only requires in competition testing. In doing so the AFL and the players negotiated this process.

They?re not obligated to do anything more or be more transparent.

Post Thanks / Like

Shrug.

When I joined my current job I was required to disclose my vaccination history to my employer. And if I didn't have certain vaccinations I couldn't work there.

Don't get me wrong I agree with your long espoused position that Laim Jones accepted the consequences of his decision without complaint and I respect that, but let's not pretend his decision was any breach of dr/patient confidentiality when his employer mandated the requirement and he chose not to follow it.

Now, back to the topic. Wait, what were we talking about?

Oh yeah tennis balls.

We've got as many dope fiends at our club as every other club. Don't come at me with "jUst DoN't Do iT iT's iLleGaL" bunkum because it's a total irrelevance as it's happening and it's going to keep happening.

Maybe, just maybe, it's time for grown up discussion on the matter rather than Reagan's garbage rhetoric.
    "It's over. It's all over."

12. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Richard Ings, ex ASADA which is now SIA was on the radio today and believes this is all a beat up.

The AFL goes beyond what it?s required to do from a legislative perspective, which only requires in competition testing. In doing so the AFL and the players negotiated this process.

They?re not obligated to do anything more or be more transparent.
    The only thing is the lie that is generated after a positive test ie faking an injury
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a big concern this process is being abused. As in, considering the secrecy (even the coaches don't know) what's to say they are registering a strike?

Needs to be some level of transparency at least to a club? I deal with in-confidence data every hour of every day this isn't something new.

Post Thanks / Like

Shrug.

When I joined my current job I was required to disclose my vaccination history to my employer. And if I didn't have certain vaccinations I couldn't work there.

Don't get me wrong I agree with your long espoused position that Laim Jones accepted the consequences of his decision without complaint and I respect that, but let's not pretend his decision was any breach of dr/patient confidentiality when his employer mandated the requirement and he chose not to follow it.

Now, back to the topic. Wait, what were we talking about?

Oh yeah tennis balls.

We've got as many dope fiends at our club as every other club. Don't come at me with "jUst DoN't Do iT iT's iLleGaL" bunkum because it's a total irrelevance as it's happening and it's going to keep happening.

Maybe, just maybe, it's time for grown up discussion on the matter rather than Reagan's garbage rhetoric.

16. Likes bornadog, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get it BAD but nobody can detail an alternative that effectively maintains confidentiality.

18. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Elite gif work.
    "It's over. It's all over."

20. Likes Grantysghost liked this post