Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  285
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melbourne Watch 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I am currently overseas on a trip and one of our companions is a bit Melbourne tragic.
    The message she is getting from fellow Demon supporters is that the current issues are somehow related to Lachie Hunter.

Have we placed Lachie in the Melbourne camp to infiltrate and destroy as an undercover agent?
    Supposedly these issues have been there in some form or another since 2020 or earlier (when the president wanted to sack Goodwin) so if Hunter has played any role it's just been in making the existing wound fester a bit more.

I do like the idea though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by W W Biscuit View Post
    In terms of the Demon's star-studded list and their list management in general, I wouldn't want to forget that the current iteration of their team was built on some fairly preferential treatment over the years by the AFL, either through act or omission. Being allowed to keep high draft picks on the back of tanking (e.g., 2013), extremely generous compensations for departed players (think Scully, Frawley...), some very dodgy draft manoeuvring (Jack Viney), gifted a high-profile coach...

North Melbourne are currently trying their best to imitate the Melbourne FC model. If, in a few years time, the Kangaroos have an almighty list that are winning premierships for fun, I will be similarly reserved in my praise for their achievements.
    No doubt about it, they had enormous assistance early doors in their list build as you have highlighted above. They did then start to nail their picks as well to be fair. All up, it makes their under-achievement since 2019 even more apparent.

I can also see North following a similar trajectory, especially if they nail their picks for the next couple of years. They sure have had a fair old leg-up from City Hall.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

3. Thanks W W Biscuit thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Supposedly these issues have been there in some form or another since 2020 or earlier (when the president wanted to sack Goodwin) so if Hunter has played any role it's just been in making the existing wound fester a bit more.

I do like the idea though
    Yes, you just to have to search Glenn Bartlett and you'll find all you need.

5. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I say, terrible business ol’ chap. One simply doesn’t air one’s dirty laundry for all and sundry.

It reminds me of the time the chateau la tour ‘63 was corked.

Frightful business, I’m heading down to Sorrento for a few months til this all blows over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    I say, terrible business ol’ chap. One simply doesn’t air one’s dirty laundry for all and sundry.

It reminds me of the time the chateau la tour ‘63 was corked.

Frightful business, I’m heading down to Sorrento for a few months til this all blows over.
    Is it wrong that I read this in my head as Doctor Bombay?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

I am currently overseas on a trip and one of our companions is a bit Melbourne tragic.
    The message she is getting from fellow Demon supporters is that the current issues are somehow related to Lachie Hunter.

Have we placed Lachie in the Melbourne camp to infiltrate and destroy as an undercover agent?
    The rot was there years ago considering that the president openly wanted to fire Goodwin.

Post Thanks / Like

Lachie is like a cuckoo in the nest?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by W W Biscuit View Post
    In terms of the Demon's star-studded list and their list management in general, I wouldn't want to forget that the current iteration of their team was built on some fairly preferential treatment over the years by the AFL, either through act or omission. Being allowed to keep high draft picks on the back of tanking (e.g., 2013), extremely generous compensations for departed players (think Scully, Frawley...), some very dodgy draft manoeuvring (Jack Viney), gifted a high-profile coach...

North Melbourne are currently trying their best to imitate the Melbourne FC model. If, in a few years time, the Kangaroos have an almighty list that are winning premierships for fun, I will be similarly reserved in my praise for their achievements.
    Bingo.

Post Thanks / Like

So Pert and Goodwiin fronted SEN and talked about some of the troubles the club has faced mainly Oliver and Smith and even with May.
    Pert said it was the most professional and strong culture he's been associated with in his 40 year AFL career.

It's a ballsy move to front the media but I sensed Pert and Goodwin were well scripted to answer the questions before they were asked.

Goodwin reconfirmed he doesn't take drugs and he's sick of the way this has constantly been speculated on.

Goodwin also said he has not spoken to Joel Smith since news of his positive test was released which seems strange to me if the professional culture is as strong as they were trying to sell.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Likes Testekill, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So Pert and Goodwiin fronted SEN and talked about some of the troubles the club has faced mainly Oliver and Smith and even with May.
    Pert said it was the most professional and strong culture he's been associated with in his 40 year AFL career.

It's a ballsy move to front the media but I sensed Pert and Goodwin were well scripted to answer the questions before they were asked.

Goodwin reconfirmed he doesn't take drugs and he's sick of the way this has constantly been speculated on.

Goodwin also said he has not spoken to Joel Smith since news of his positive test was released which seems strange to me if the professional culture is as strong as they were trying to sell.
    Pert is the ultimate baller. Complete gamer.

Smart move getting out on the front foot.

Goodwin was at the Crows and Dons during dubious times, then had a president sacked who wanted to call it out.

You don't have to be Einstein.

14. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see Oliver is saying he suffers from ADHD and it was an adverse reaction to the medication that caused him to fall over the night he ended up at Footscray Hospital.

ADHD is a real bastard and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. But I'm medicated for ADHD too and I've never passed out from the effects.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I see Oliver is saying he suffers from ADHD and it was an adverse reaction to the medication that caused him to fall over the night he ended up at Footscray Hospital.

ADHD is a real bastard and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. But I'm medicated for ADHD too and I've never passed out from the effects.
    Would be a pretty low play to blame that if it wasn't true. Seems like something Melbourne would do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Would be a pretty low play to blame that if it wasn't true. Seems like something Melbourne would do.
    I have no doubt that Oliver probably does suffer from ADHD. His decision making and the problems he has all point to it, but the "my medication made me fall over and hit my head" story doesn't add up to me.

18. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no doubt that Oliver probably does suffer from ADHD. His decision making and the problems he has all point to it, but the "my medication made me fall over and hit my head" story doesn't add up to me.
    Yeah it stinks.

Like, I hope he's alright and if he has a problem he gets proper care, but it's not helpful to demonise actual medication like that.
    "It's over. It's all over."

20. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It does make sufferers search for balance from experience.
    Red Bull or Vodka or both?