Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Britney Gutknecht

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Goodbye Football - now official
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Sanity Prevails

Britney Gutknecht is free to play this weekend against West Coast after her rough conduct charge was dismissed by the AFL Tribunal tonight
    Resurrection within the day for all the non believers…
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes EasternWest, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Resurrection within the day for all the non believers…
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Umpire paid holding the ball.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Umpire paid holding the ball.
    Correct decision

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    For mine, the Maynard incident and this one are the same. They both come down to duty of care. Both were "football acts" within the rules but are potentially careless. If the game is heading towards putting onus on the tackling player to ensure the tackled player isn't concussed as a duty of care, then the game has changed. Perhaps that is what is needed. It'd be very difficult to adjudicate though.

Fwiw I thought both incidents didn't deserve suspensions. But I can see the 'duty of care angle. I just don't know how you'd adjudicate it. It can't JUST be based on outcome.
    If we're going to consider 'Duty of Care' then it shouldn't be limited to the tackler.

Put a duty of care on the league not to play a contact sport in ****ing October it's ****ing hot and the grounds are ****ing hard.

Put a duty of care on the teammates is the tackled player to call "You're hot" before she gets pole-axed.

Better yet, put a duty of care on the tackled player to have some awareness of what's going on around her.

There's only one action I can see Britney taking to avoid that injury, and that's not tackling at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    If we're going to consider 'Duty of Care' then it shouldn't be limited to the tackler.

Put a duty of care on the league not to play a contact sport in ****ing October it's ****ing hot and the grounds are ****ing hard.

Put a duty of care on the teammates is the tackled player to call "You're hot" before she gets pole-axed.

Better yet, put a duty of care on the tackled player to have some awareness of what's going on around her.

There's only one action I can see Britney taking to avoid that injury, and that's not tackling at all.
    Players just won't let the ball go and free up hands when they are tackled so they can brace themselves in the fall.

Post Thanks / Like

This is heading towards the "head is sacrosanct" territory that saw players leap head first into the knees of opponents. Players will find a way to milk a free kick even if it is going to put them at greater risk of injury.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Umm are we just going to ignore the translation of her surname into English?

It was literally written in the stars and we put her on the field. We are monsters.
    "It's over. It's all over."