Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  32
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players who desperately need to make a leap in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Have we ever tried Williams in the middle or at clearances?
    He trained was it 3-4 years ago nearly the whole pre-season with the mids but then we never saw it in the season. Which is a little weird, we at least got a game of Easton up forward before shelving it. You’d think he would have the tools to do ok in there.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew I remembered him saying that he'd played midfield before......:

Williams added: “Two years ago I played midfield against Geelong. That was a surreal experience coming up against Joel Selwood, Patrick Dangerfield and Ablett. It was amazing.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...2c1bc098925e40

That aside, you could hopefully write an updated version of the same article this year about Bailey.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping Sam Darcy takes a huge leap in 2024 and successfully challenges Rory Lobb for his position in the side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I am hoping Sam Darcy takes a huge leap in 2024 and successfully challenges Rory Lobb for his position in the side.
    As supporters we should have known that Darcy was going to take a little while to develop but if we look at Marra's rapid improvement this year we should be really positive that Darcy will come on in a big way.
    I'm not sure we desperately need him to take a huge leap but if he stays fit that might get the sort of footy into him that we need.

Garcia, Bedendo, Cleary, West, Khamis and McNeil really need step up next year and make the most of their chances.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see VDM take the next step. He has teased us a few times and then copped an injury. He needs to be settled into a role and make it his own. He has pace but decision making lacks a little and needs to deliver the ball accurately.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The players I would like to see take a leap are Bedendo and Buku. Both are on one year contracts so this is probably their last chance.

9. Likes josie liked this post