Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  233
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Peter Jackson helping Dogs with review

I just hope Beveridge goes back to his 2015/16 ways and laughs this report off as rubbish, rather than taking it to heart and becoming defensive/aggressive like he has been in recent years towards the press. We need a calm and reassured Bevo this year, otherwise I fear the pressure of performance may start to grind him down.

2. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Countrydog5 View Post
    I just hope Beveridge goes back to his 2015/16 ways and laughs this report off as rubbish, rather than taking it to heart and becoming defensive/aggressive like he has been in recent years towards the press. We need a calm and reassured Bevo this year, otherwise I fear the pressure of performance may start to grind him down.
    He's asked for support, gotten it, so hopefully he can concentrate on being the best coach he can be.

There's a lot of cuts and bruises (some self-inflicted) he needs to put behind him, and he needs to be able to let the likes of Egan and the other people in coaching and support positions get on with it without feeling the need to be in complete control of everything in the footy department.

If he's as intelligent and emotionally intelligent as he thinks he is and has demonstrated he can be, then he has a chance to prove himself as a league leader.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Kane won't let it go...

?WHERE?S BEVO?: WHY IS ONE AFL SENIOR COACH ABSENT FROM THE PUBLIC SPHERE THIS PRE-SEASON?

Kane Cornes has one big question coming out of the AFL off-season: Where?s Bevo?

This summer has been a tumultuous one at Whitten Oval, with assistant coaches turned over, key players out of contract and a review into the club?s football department ultimately easing the workload on head of football Chris Grant.

It has also been reported that Grant and Beveridge have a frayed relationship.

Despite all of this, Cornes feels Beveridge has been absent from the public sphere while other coaches in the AFL have fronted up to speak to their fans.

?I want to ask if there?s more than goes into coaching than just coaching the team, because there?s one coach in particular that I think has gone missing publicly this off-season,? the Power great told SEN Breakfast.

?What is the responsibility for a coach like Luke Beveridge to front up more and be more accessible to the media and therefore the club?s fans?

?There?s been a lot of change at the Western Bulldogs, they?ve just completed the review, we haven?t really heard from anyone, in particular Beveridge, since Chris Grant has essentially been demoted.

?There?s been stories about tension between them, they?re in the lowest two to three clubs in terms of supporter bases in Melbourne and I think we need to hear from him more.

?He?s essentially been invisible this summer, Bevo. I?m calling it ?Where?s Bevo??

?Compare it to other coaches this off-season. Chris Fagan will be live in studio with Garry Lyon and Tim Watson tomorrow. Michael Voss has done an extended interview with AFL Media. Justin Longmuir, do you think he wants to front up, he?s done a lot of media in Perth, Damien Hardwick?s done the same, Adam Kingsley?s been everywhere.

?I don?t reckon Sam Mitchell would have really wanted to document his serious illness in New York, but he did that with The Age. Ken Hinkley probably didn?t want to turn up after going out in straight sets last year, but he was on SEN last week. Simon Goodwin the same, he came into SEN and did a big sit-down interview, Ross Lyon, John Longmire was with us last week on SEN.

?Adam Simpson has won five games in two years and fronts up almost weekly in Perth and Luke Beveridge is missing.

?What?s the responsibility on the coach to actually accept the media requests and talk publicly about the issues going on at the footy club??

5. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Every year he has an article on Bevo - not sure what his problem is
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

When Poochie is off screen, all the other characters should be asking “where’s Poochie?”
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Well he has to come up with something every week.
    I guess he was lying in bed the other night thinking “ I haven’t seen Bevo lately that’s my next story”
    If it was Hinkley he would be congratulating him on the fact he isn’t listening to outside noise and getting on with his job of coaching.
    Another thing is have the media asked him for an interview?
    Seems Kane hasn’t bought up Bevo refusing to take interviews.
    Bring back the biff

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's probably a good thing to have Bevo out of the media for a bit. I'd rather his efforts be focused elsewhere and his tendency to get annoyed and start beef with reporters isn't a distraction we really benefit from. It's not like reporters are the same as fans so he's not 'avoiding accountability' or whatever Kane thinks, he's just avoiding the media which of course pisses off people like Kane because he has to stretch a bit harder to make content gruel.

11. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First.. it was Bevo takes on too much and has too much say at the club. He needs support, has to learn to delegate so he can just focus on coaching.

Now.. Bevo needs to take on responsibility for fan engagement and membership and waste everyone's time blathering on with focus group tested media friendly lines to the media idiots without ever daring to confront the clowns with their own bad behaviour.

Access to training and the WOOF reports is much more useful for fan engagement.

13. Likes Bulldog4life, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He won't let the crack about not wanting to sleep next to him rest.
    Marry that with Minson's sledge and he's got a chip.

He constantly says we've got a stacked list in order to put more pressure on Bevo.

15. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh... whatever.

While we haven't heard from Bevo, the content coming from the club has been engaging and enjoyable to watch. It's still very much pre-season. I'm 100% fine with Bevo just coaching.

17. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it is just me, but I haven't anything from any coaches, except, Dimma talking about new game plan and the changes he has made, and Hinkley talking about Josh Carr taking over from him.

Has any one heard from the other 15 coaches?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe it is just me, but I haven't anything from any coaches, except, Dimma talking about new game plan and the changes he has made, and Hinkley talking about Josh Carr taking over from him.

There are other coaches? There are other teams?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Longmire was on the radio last week but yeah, it's not like they're all out running weekly press conferences at this point.

21. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uninformed View Post
    First.. it was Bevo takes on too much and has too much say at the club. He needs support, has to learn to delegate so he can just focus on coaching.

Now.. Bevo needs to take on responsibility for fan engagement and membership and waste everyone's time blathering on with focus group tested media friendly lines to the media idiots without ever daring to confront the clowns with their own bad behaviour.

Access to training and the WOOF reports is much more useful for fan engagement.
    There is a lovely lady who attends training most sessions. A couple of weeks prior to Xmas she had a fall and dislocated her shoulder. Over the last couple of years just about every session Bevo goes and sees her and genuinely inquires about her welfare and gives her a hug and he's not just going through the motions.
    Today he was going through her medications with her and asking about how well she was sleeping.

He's very invested in our supporters and it's a shame we can't get a few more and even some from the media down to training to see that side of him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

23. Likes bornadog, Countrydog5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There is a lovely lady who attends training most sessions. A couple of weeks prior to Xmas she had a fall and dislocated her shoulder. Over the last couple of years just about every session Bevo goes and sees her and genuinely inquires about her welfare and gives her a hug and he's not just going through the motions.
    Today he was going through her medications with her and asking about how well she was sleeping.

He's very invested in our supporters and it's a shame we can't get a few more and even some from the media down to training to see that side of him.
    Thanks for posting that Gary. It is a great story and insight into Bevo the man. It backs up what I have always thought he was like.

Early days he would be standing outside Footscray train station doing membership promotions. I wanted to speak with him some time back and rang the club to arrange it. They said come to training any time and he always makes the effort to talk with supporters afterwards. They said he is very approachable and happy to give his time. Circumstances changed and I never made it, but it was apparent that he was very considerate of supporters.

25. Thanks Scraggers thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post