Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  233
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Peter Jackson helping Dogs with review

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I’m a bit worried . What did Peter Jackson do at Essendon as they have nothing to show from him being there.
    They wear a lot more polyester blended suits?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    They have the 2000 premiership. He was there from 1996-2009. He modernized their finances and left them in a much better position off field than when he started. His only real own goal was the appointment of Matthew Knights.

But it was at Melbourne he performed the real miracle. Getting them stable enough to actually win a flag was a master stroke.

If anyone is going to look into the club and ask difficult questions then I can't think of a better person than Peter Jackson
    So he was there when they were good for 4 years then they went downhill the next 9 years he was there.
    Have they ever struggled off field ?
    Melbourne is probably a better example but they have one flag like us. They had financial hardship but years before he got there ,
    I’m puzzled to be honest. Is he a football fixer or an admin fixer who cuts to the bone ( that’s the last thing we need ) if he is there to go through our admin and get it smoother and get better people in that’s good but I don’t want it to effect our football.
    I think we had a bloke named Rose who went too far and the coach couldn’t do his job properly.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

So he was there when they were good for 4 years then they went downhill the next 9 years he was there.
    Have they ever struggled off field ?
    Melbourne is probably a better example but they have one flag like us. They had financial hardship but years before he got there ,
    I’m puzzled to be honest. Is he a football fixer or an admin fixer who cuts to the bone ( that’s the last thing we need ) if he is there to go through our admin and get it smoother and get better people in that’s good but I don’t want it to effect our football.
    I think we had a bloke named Rose who went too far and the coach couldn’t do his job properly.
    Rose saved the club from bankruptcy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes azabob, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Rose saved the club from bankruptcy
    It’s a strange one . Then again if he didn’t cut so deep we might have won a flag and that would have bought money to the club.
    I think he cut that little bit too deep to be honest.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon people.

So long as he wipes his feet before coming into the club.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

I?m a bit worried . What did Peter Jackson do at Essendon as they have nothing to show from him being there.
    Another set of eyes doesn't hurt.

The club's between the devil and the deep blue sea here...when it was all internal, they were criticised. Now they have sought a 3rd-party voice, they seem to be getting criticised...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Another set of eyes doesn't hurt.

The club's between the devil and the deep blue sea here...when it was all internal, they were criticised. Now they have sought a 3rd-party voice, they seem to be getting criticised...
    I’m all for a review , should be on going , but I just wonder how they pick who they pick , I mean this bloke comes from Essendon and he is presented as one of the best if not the best . It’s a bit of a Dodoro feel . Best of the best but results don’t actually show it.

Don’t get me wrong I hope he is great for the club and we get what we so dearly want.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I’m all for a review , should be on going , but I just wonder how they pick who they pick , I mean this bloke comes from Essendon and he is presented as one of the best if not the best . It’s a bit of a Dodoro feel . Best of the best but results don’t actually show it.

Don’t get me wrong I hope he is great for the club and we get what we so dearly want.
    I totally get where you're coming from mate...for me I guess it's just the fact they are now getting someone to 'review the review'...seems like a good move.

Jackson? Never met him, so whatever...but better someone than no-one. Surely now the internal go-round has been done, there's only so much that slipped through the cracks and still needs to be addressed??
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s a strange one . Then again if he didn’t cut so deep we might have won a flag and that would have bought money to the club.
    I think he cut that little bit too deep to be honest.
    The club was almost bankrupt again.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I totally get where you're coming from mate...for me I guess it's just the fact they are now getting someone to 'review the review'...seems like a good move.

Jackson? Never met him, so whatever...but better someone than no-one. Surely now the internal go-round has been done, there's only so much that slipped through the cracks and still needs to be addressed??
    He has an impressive CV

https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-ja...alSubdomain=au

13. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bizarre timing indeed but not unexpected with this current regime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Looks like that?s the end of Chris Grant.
    Not sure it is. Why let Ameet and Granty carry out their stategy for the footy department and then stick the knife in Granty?

More likely there will be suggestions for them to implement structurally.

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Bizarre timing indeed but not unexpected with this current regime.
    Timing is indeed bizarre, but, according to that HS article this external ''review'' is being pushed for hard by people of influence surrounding the club.

I would of preferred it the second our off season started but beggers can't be choosers.

Not sure what (if anything) would come of this, if PJ finds that Grant is the problem and recommends to the club to replace him, leaving it a little late aren't we? No change that he can recommend to the football department at this point would really have much of an effect on next season.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

18. Likes JanLorMill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

“You don’t ask the barber if you need a haircut”

Famous saying. There will be plenty of reccomend changes. You could be perfect and consultants will always advocate for change. It’s their job. They are never going to say you don’t need a haircut.

So the timing is odd. We just appointed a stack of coaches and it’s very late to replace anyone. Also, wouldn’t our plans for the preseason and the season proper already be in the late stages of being finalised?

This review should have been implemented during September.

20. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Could he have already been appointed early in the year and he is the result of the current round of changes we have seen?
    It could be part of a two stage review, stage 1 give a list of recommendations and stage 2 come in and sign off we are going in the right direction and also to add further points if needed or he is now looking at a different area within the club.
    The media may have missed stage 1 and the leak could be gone.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

22. Likes bornadog liked this post