Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  233
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Peter Jackson helping Dogs with review

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Sad to hear you lost your job . I’ve been made redundant 3 times in my life it can be scary. I’m actually hoping to get made redundant now as it will bring my retirement forward.
    Good Luck in finding another job and may it be one you love doing.
    Thanks Ledge! First time for me, was a relief if I'm honest, needed a circuit breaker from work controlling me.

Best of luck in your career ambitions!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Damn. That sucks big time. Stay positive mate. Let me know if I can somehow help!
    Thanks Az, it's fine. I'll start getting nervous around the time we're hopefully not one and four.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Ah the good old redundancy bus, whenever I want it they keep me on, whenever I dont.... Good luck with it all jeemak
    Yeah this is the first time out of three where it's been a chance and I wasn't sure I wanted it. The other times I definitely did but the bastards kept me toiling!

Bit of a tricky time with the Christmas break coming but I'll be OK, need a break and something new.

5. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Bit of a tricky time with the Christmas break coming but I'll be OK, need a break and something new.
    Hopefully Christmas gives you a great reset mate...

There's jobs galore over here and the sun's always shining!!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

7. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Redundancy! Walked in Monday morning, walked out about thirty minutes later.........

As for the syndicated football media, as I despise most of it I have to keep a bit of an eye out for developments, so I can avoid using my eyes on it.

Keeping an eye on it so I know what not to look at.
    Bummer. Will you stay in the same industry or look outside.

Good Luck with the search
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ledge! First time for me, was a relief if I'm honest, needed a circuit breaker from work controlling me.

Best of luck in your career ambitions!
    Best of luck Jee glad you are looking at the positive side.

11. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Hopefully Christmas gives you a great reset mate...

There's jobs galore over here and the sun's always shining!!
    Thanks MJP.

I did happen to do a stint of landscaping in Perth in 2008 to help out a mate with a new baby at the height of the mining boom. That was enough for me, as all the good labour had gone to the mines and what remained just wanted to talk about Asians and tax rather than shoveling cubic metres of aggregate.

But if I get desperate I'll head over and look you up! You can help get me into the shape I used to be in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bummer. Will you stay in the same industry or look outside.

Good Luck with the search
    Thanks BAD. I think I have supply chain and logistics in the blood, but after five years of full on consulting and managing teams/ projects/ project teams and being the prancing horse all the time because of the charge out rate I need a break.

We'll see how it goes, I have some feelers out now and am pretty positive about how things will play out.......for now.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Best of luck Jee glad you are looking at the positive side.
    Thanks Pops.

I had tenure working to my advantage, a colleague on the same level wasn't as lucky and he didn't have the leave I had. So with Christmas/ NY breaks he's under the pump a bit more than I am.

If you've been under extreme mental/ emotional stress for a few years while feeling trapped because the work is actually shit hot you have to see these things in a positive light if the circumstances allow it once you're out of it (you can make a lot of excuses for how you feel about work if the work is actually really good). It's not that I'm not nervous about what the future might bring, rather, just taking a moment to think clearly and plan.

16. Likes MrMahatma, azabob, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BAD. I think I have supply chain and logistics in the blood, but after five years of full on consulting and managing teams/ projects/ project teams and being the prancing horse all the time because of the charge out rate I need a break.

We'll see how it goes, I have some feelers out now and am pretty positive about how things will play out.......for now.
    Mate, plenty of Supply Chain manager jobs going. Maybe have a look if you haven’t and who knows you may score something now and start in the new year.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jee,

I don't have any profunduties or insights about your situation, other than to reiterate what others have said about their own redundancy experiences.

I was kinda blindsided by one 21 years ago. It ultimately turned out to be the catalyst for a really positive career change that, in hindsight, I desperately needed.

The in between transition period can be fertile reflection time too if there's no immediate imperative to find work immediately.
    Good luck with the next work chapter Jee. You'll nail it, whatever it is. In the meantime, hopefully your extra free time enables you to reserve some more time for worthy activities such as posting here; EW needs taking down a peg, a whole peg!

Other than, hope you're alright, sing out if there is anything people on WOOF can do anything.

19. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Hi Jee,

I don't have any profunduties or insights about your situation, other than to reiterate what others have said about their own redundancy experiences.

I was kinda blindsided by one 21 years ago. It ultimately turned out to be the catalyst for a really positive career change that, in hindsight, I desperately needed.

The in between transition period can be fertile reflection time too if there's no immediate imperative to find work immediately.
    Good luck with the next work chapter Jee. You'll nail it, whatever it is. In the meantime, hopefully your extra free time enables you to reserve some more time for worthy activities such as posting here; EW needs taking down a peg, a whole peg!

Other than, hope you're alright, sing out if there is anything people on WOOF can do anything.
    Yep totally back this up, sorry to hear Jee hope you at least got a nice payout.

Good luck for the future job wise

21. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Geez, chuck in Inventory Management and it's like reading my professional journey. There seems to be plenty of jobs going at the moment at least the recruiting agencies think so. Most jobs are found through your network so I'm sure you will do well Jee.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

23. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Redundancy! Walked in Monday morning, walked out about thirty minutes later.........
    Have been through 3 redundancies in my career. Each one led to much better and brighter opportunities. Wishing the same for you Jee.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

25. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the syndicated football media, as I despise most of it I have to keep a bit of an eye out for developments, so I can avoid using my eyes on it.

Keeping an eye on it so I know what not to look at.
    Too much WOOF shitposting.
    "It's over. It's all over."