Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The List Masnager review - Western Bulldogs

'The Dogs are stacked with talent and English is only 26, Naughton 23 and Bontempelli 27'.

Naughton and Bont have birthday's within the next 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The List Manager review - Western Bulldogs

I don't know how anyone with cred can look at our defence and overall depth and say our list wants for nothing.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I don't know how anyone with cred can look at our defence and overall depth and say our list wants for nothing.
    Ralph has cred? He is a fraud.

Just so many factual errors which make it impossible for anyone with some knowledge of the topic to look past.

On first try and couldn't get past him stating we were 8-3 (we were 7-3 you ****tard... if we didn't shit the bed in Darwin we would've been 8-3, but alas we lost a close one). I finally got through the article on 3rd go and was left feeling dirty and pondering how he earns a comfortable living continually dealing up this tripe.

4. Likes jeemak, Bulldog Revolution, Sedat, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    If Ralph is right, and we turn up finishing 10th, then there is almost no doubt this will mean Bevo is gone come season end.
    I hope, and genuinely think we have the ability and physical talent to significantly exceed 10th, and challenge the top 4. It's really just about whether the coaching team can tap into the right psychological levers to get the players mindsets in the right frame to deliver on it.
    They have to somehow exorcise some of the mental scars that still seem to haunt this group in certain game situations as almost first order of business. That goes along side any tactical shifts required to address big oppo scoring run ons against us.
    Without wantng to resurrect The Axe thread, we don't win 4 of the first 5 Bevo will be gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Without wantng to resurrect The Axe thread, we don't win 4 of the first 5 Bevo will be gone.
    Axe hasn't started any threads.
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news if true re the state of our salary cap, had thought retention might soak it all up ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTB View Post
    Great news if true re the state of our salary cap, had thought retention might soak it all up ?
    It hopefully gives us the scope to sign all of main our players although it won't be without some challenges.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Majority of the article, I believe is fairly obvious. The thing that annoys me is the Kane Cornes Comment about, "We want for nothing". Personally think they are having a bet each way, if we are successful they can lean on that comment. When we are not, they point the finger at the head coach. Never heard Cornes mention the Senior assistant, surely he has some responsibility, or perhaps hes trying to help his old mate land the top job.
    Personally Id like a Tory Dickson Type who kicks confidently and accurately for goal. We lost to many games due to missed shots. I think Weightman is very important in this area. Someone to steady the ship when the yips start creeping in. Another speedy mid with deadly feet would also be handy. Think we have drafted accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Can Bar View Post
    Majority of the article, I believe is fairly obvious. The thing that annoys me is the Kane Cornes Comment about, "We want for nothing". Personally think they are having a bet each way, if we are successful they can lean on that comment. When we are not, they point the finger at the head coach. Never heard Cornes mention the Senior assistant, surely he has some responsibility, or perhaps hes trying to help his old mate land the top job.
    Personally Id like a Tory Dickson Type who kicks confidently and accurately for goal. We lost to many games due to missed shots. I think Weightman is very important in this area. Someone to steady the ship when the yips start creeping in. Another speedy mid with deadly feet would also be handy. Think we have drafted accordingly.
    I think Kane's assessment of our list is pretty accurate though.
    We have a number of key position players and particularly some emerging ones.
    We have an excellent ruck set-up with English and Lobb and our midfield has a strong sprinkling of talented players include one of the best players and captains in the competition. We also have AA level half back flankers.

Sure we could always find spots for some good players but overall our list stacks up well against other sides so we aren't in a rebuilding phase at the moment and we should be contending. Along with an excellent facility there can be no more excuses for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think Kane's assessment of our list is pretty accurate though.
    We have a number of key position players and particularly some emerging ones.
    We have an excellent ruck set-up with English and Lobb and our midfield has a strong sprinkling of talented players include one of the best players and captains in the competition. We also have AA level half back flankers.

Sure we could always find spots for some good players but overall our list stacks up well against other sides so we aren't in a rebuilding phase at the moment and we should be contending. Along with an excellent facility there can be no more excuses for us.

I think we have the troops. If you go through what Beveridge had at his disposal in 2016, we have better talent across all lines now. The only potentially missing ingredient is the hard nuts - the Picko, Clay, Biggsy and Boyd types. But overall the quality of our list looks better to me this year than in 2016.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uninformed View Post
    I think we have the troops. If you go through what Beveridge had at his disposal in 2016, we have better talent across all lines now. The only potentially missing ingredient is the hard nuts - the Picko, Clay, Biggsy and Boyd types. But overall the quality of our list looks better to me this year than in 2016.
    With the way the game is going the hard nuts are going to become rare . It’s hard to be a hard nut when the rules pretty much stop you.
    Bring back the biff

14. Thanks Uninformed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    With the way the game is going the hard nuts are going to become rare . It’s hard to be a hard nut when the rules pretty much stop you.
    I think you might be right about how the game has changed. Your comment made me cast my mind over the other teams this year and no one comes to mind as having something similar to the four I mentioned from 2016. Can you or anyone think of a team that has?

Post Thanks / Like

The big issue is around what happens if Jones goes out for an extended period and or like this season does and the rest can't get continuity. It's OK to have AA quality running around, but they still need to be able to gel with a consistent unit.

If we can't get Williams playing good football, who do we have on the wing who can genuinely impact a game to support him? Do we use Daniel, and if we do, how does that rob us of personnel to fill gaps elsewhere like he usually does?

Bringing in Harmes helps us, though we've now lost Smith so the depth we had by bringing the former in is immediately weakened.

Can Bar makes a good point in that we're a bit of an easy target for an each way bet. If it all comes together they're vindicated, if it doesn't they can ignore the structural issues we have and point to other areas rightly in some ways, but more conveniently in others. I know which scenario they'll be rooting for given the click potential of it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

17. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with the hard nuts from 2016, they could also convert fairly reliably. Hopefully Harmes helps address this area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The big issue is around what happens if Jones goes out for an extended period and or like this season does and the rest can't get continuity. It's OK to have AA quality running around, but they still need to be able to gel with a consistent unit.

If we can't get Williams playing good football, who do we have on the wing who can genuinely impact a game to support him? Do we use Daniel, and if we do, how does that rob us of personnel to fill gaps elsewhere like he usually does?

Bringing in Harmes helps us, though we've now lost Smith so the depth we had by bringing the former in is immediately weakened.

Can Bar makes a good point in that we're a bit of an easy target for an each way bet. If it all comes together they're vindicated, if it doesn't they can ignore the structural issues we have and point to other areas rightly in some ways, but more conveniently in others. I know which scenario they'll be rooting for given the click potential of it.
    I certainly believe we have the personnel to be at the pointy end.

The problem for us (and every team) is having that personnel available and in form for sufficient parts of the season to get to the pointy end and being able to put close to your best on the ground in finals.

The improvement I would like to see is the desperation that Collingwood have brought in the last 2 seasons. Just a refusal to concede defeat and an ability to close out games.

We do that and we can definitely win it.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

20. Likes GVGjr, josie liked this post