Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  33
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The List Manager review - Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I certainly believe we have the personnel to be at the pointy end.

The problem for us (and every team) is having that personnel available and in form for sufficient parts of the season to get to the pointy end and being able to put close to your best on the ground in finals.

The improvement I would like to see is the desperation that Collingwood have brought in the last 2 seasons. Just a refusal to concede defeat and an ability to close out games.

We do that and we can definitely win it.
    There are a lot of 'what if' scenario's that can wreck a season but I'm a bit more uneasy with an English injury than a Jones one but lets hope they both play a lot in 2024.

I don't quite get the scenario where losing Dunkley the previous season wasn't going to be much of an issue for us but losing Baz Smith weakens our 2024 chances particularly given that Sanders has made such a positive start. I know there is a risk with getting too hyped on an unproven player but our A Graders are Bontempelli, Liberatore, Treloar and I'm a bit hopeful that Macrae gets back some of his form so losing we are still strong. Then there is support from by Daniel, Harmes, West, Sanders, Gallagher and Garcia with some help from Scott so I think from a list management perspective we are well placed.

I don't see too many scenarios where we should lower our expectations.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    If I was a journo I would project similarly.

"With the things you could do
    You won't but you might
    The potential you'll be that you'll never see
    The promises you'll only make"

It's hard to trust this group.

I'm hopeful that we are a LOT better than 10th but that would be my 'guess' if I was forced to make one...

At least in the lyrics of the song above, we KNEW the problem with the protagonist - Alcohol. I don't think anyone KNOWS what the issues have been since GF2021 but we really do need to have sorted it out.
    I?m with you MJP, I?m feeling around 10-12th. If are to make the 8, we will scrape it at 8th. To constantly win games we need to kick 12-15 goals a game. I can?t see our fwds gelling good enough in a consistant effort to do that, and I still feel our defence is very shaky.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I certainly believe we have the personnel to be at the pointy end.

The problem for us (and every team) is having that personnel available and in form for sufficient parts of the season to get to the pointy end and being able to put close to your best on the ground in finals.

The improvement I would like to see is the desperation that Collingwood have brought in the last 2 seasons. Just a refusal to concede defeat and an ability to close out games.

We do that and we can definitely win it.
    I don't see desperation with Collingwood, I see a calmness amongst their team and a willingness to play to the situation.

I don’t see our team as being well drilled in close games. We saw it on countless occasions last season and in previous years as we continuously piss away games we should’ve won.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I don't see desperation with Collingwood, I see a calmness amongst their team and a willingness to play to the situation.

I don’t see our team as being well drilled in close games. We saw it on countless occasions last season and in previous years as we continuously piss away games we should’ve won.
    I get your point, but when I said desperation I guess I was more meaning determination to continue regardless of the situation.

Under Macrae Collingwood just endure.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured