Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  310
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOOF Welcomes Ryley Sanders to the Kennel

Imo Sanders would be wasted playing VFL. As much as I greatly admire Macrae his pace and form seems to have dropped off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Against West Coast Bont played a fair bit up forward and Liberatore only 3 quarters so I think we are managing it okay.
    It might become clearer after 3 weeks of 6 day breaks.
    I?m a bit hesitant to talk about the WC game as they are so bad even our bottom tier players had great games, which gave us a bit of a false sense of where we actually are.
    Don?t get me wrong I think we have improved but Bramble and VDM were very ordinary against Geelong.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Imo Sanders would be wasted playing VFL. As much as I greatly admire Macrae his pace and form seems to have dropped off.
    I’m not sure how you can tell with Macrae . Half a game he played and got involved, we definitely came good in the middle when he came on.
    40 possession games in the twos.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I’m not sure how you can tell with Macrae . Half a game he played and got involved, we definitely came good in the middle when he came on.
    Macrae had 1 kick (& 5 handballs) and 1 clearance when he came on so not sure he contributed to the spike you feel occurred when he was introduced into the game.

Anyway we watch on with interest to how the MC viewed his game when the teams are announced in a couple of days time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    23% of game time for Jacko, and had the third highest player rating per minute played, narrowly behind Bont and Libba. He raised his stocks in my view.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    It's a tough one as it's not as though Ryley's form has dropped off and needs confidence back but i reckon he may find a game or two in the VFL later on given his fitness wouldn't be at a great level as yet, he looked cooked round one when he was subbed and he's even now still playing limited game time to perhaps not burn him out and not having to sub him off each time which could be a confidence killer after a while.

But more than happy with what he's produced so far and he probably gets or close to 30 possies most games if he played a lot more game time.

With Jacko, as what Bevo said the midfield mix hasn't been working for a few seasons so obviously trying different players and Jack is the first victim, as it seems his ability to influence a game has dropped off, yeah he may get the numbers but does he actually help influence a game? Does he defend well enough? Caleb to some extent too?