Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  153
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL Draft Day 2 & Rookie Draft

Western Bulldogs Night 2 & Rookie Draft

Picks 45, 47 & 58 - But two picks so perhaps a future pick trade maybe? With only our F2 & GCS F3, another pick would be nice.

Plus Anthony Scott to be elevated.

Roughly so far:

MAIN LIST:

Josh Bruce - Croft
    Hayden Crozier - Coffield
    Taylor Duryea - Scott
    Mitch Hannan - Sanders
    Toby McLean - Harmes
    Tim O'Brien - TBA
    Jordon Sweet - TBA

With new deals for Naughton, Keath, Bedendo & Khamis.

ROOKIE LIST:

Robbie McComb - Duryea commitment
    Lachie McNeil - McNeil commitment
    Roarke Smith - MSD Pick
    Anthony Scott - SSP or Live Pick
    (Cody Raak, Cat B)

Maybe a ruck, small defender and small forward the main needs with two main lists, with two main spots and a rookie spot.

The outstanding players, courtesy of Doc:

Ollie Murphy
    Archer Reid
    Logan Morris
    Arie Schoenmaker
    Archie Roberts
    Mitch Edwards
    George Stevens
    Koen Sanchez
    Jack Delean
    Joel Freijah
    Shaun Mannagh
    Tew Jiath
    Will Lorenz
    Cooper Simpson
    Zane Zakostelky
    Sam Clohessy
    Clay Hall
    Angus Hastie
    Kade De La Rue
    Nathan Philactides
    Luamon Lual
    Jack Callinan
    Harvey Johnston
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks GVGjr, josie, BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes The Doctor, Dry Rot, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Draft Day 2 & Rookie Draft

If George Stevens is as good a footballer as his personality we should grab him.
    Bring back the biff

4. Likes dadsgirl16, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lual Scenarios:

- Gets taken top 40, no dice
    - Essendon try to sell us Pick 39 for 45, 47 & F3 swap. If we do that, we select someone else at 39 and as he slides into NGA range, 58 selects him with points
    - He slides passed 40, and we get to say use 45. Then we live trade out 47 for the best future pick we can get, and grab him with 58.
    - He slides passed 40, but bid is 41-44. Then we could live trade out 45 & 47 for two future picks and a later pick this year. Scoop him up and then take a later selection. OR. Burn Pick 45, and get Pick 56 or so back. Then hold 47, 56 & 58 and live trade what we can.
    - He slides deep. We use 45. Live trade out 47. Have 58 there and unrealistically dream he slides to the rookie draft and hold the last pick in the ND like we did with Khamis.

We only have two spots. I tend to think he goes top 40. But if we can get to 45 and use our pick. Then 47 could get us a F3. 58 secures Lual or shepherd’s him to the rookie draft as a Cat B (unrealistic). But if our night two is 45, Lual and F3 then that’s the semi-realistic dream. But if he goes he goes them’s the rules. But there’s room to manoeuvre right now which is handy.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We definitely only have two list spots on the main list? We can't just decide not to re-rookie McNeil if there's someone better?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    We definitely only have two list spots on the main list? We can't just decide not to re-rookie McNeil if there's someone better?
    Not unless we re-balance the main list to increase the size, which has cap implications. McNeil is rookie list to rookie list so it’s not exactly like for like. Plus he’s training and finished third in the 2km time trial after we promised him a spot. I would have cut him, but the club has made its bed.

8. Thanks choconmientay thanked for this post
    Likes Testekill, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to Rookie a backup ruckman
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Dry Rot, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would like to Rookie a backup ruckman
    You agreed with BT in the other thread that we don't need ruckmen anymore, which is it?

12. Likes bulldogtragic, azabob, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just thinking if we trade 47 for an F3 say around ours next year. Effectively replacing the one we used on Harmes. If we do, that would mean we acquired BOTH Harmes & Coffield for a total price of a downgrade of 6 picks (pick 40 into 46 used on Croft) and a F4.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    You agreed with BT in the other thread that we don't need ruckmen anymore, which is it?
    If BT's suggestion fails then we need to have backup.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes bulldogtragic, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If BT's suggestion fails then we need to have backup.
    Has BT ever failed us before?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

17. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hun late mail:

The Western Bulldogs are expected to take another two picks, and they will be crossing their fingers and toes that one of those is GA academy prospects Luamon Lual slips past the pick 40 threshold. But Geelong (two picks), Richmond, Essendon and Fremantle, who have all shown interest in the defender, hold selections from picks 30-40.

They are among the clubs in the mix for tall wingman Joel Freijah, and the Bulldogs are considered the sleeper for Norm Goss medallist Shaun Mannagh, who they had interest in ahead of the mid-season draft. Could he be the latest mature-age recruit for the Dogs?

Geelong Falcons medium forward Michael Rudd, Dandenong Stingrays defender Kobe Shipp and Eagles NGA product Oscar Hine-Baston are all later chances.

19. Thanks josie, choconmientay, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I’m on the clock.

Do I put my much better, better half through night two of the draft? Or is that pushing my luck?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

21. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    So, I’m on the clock.

Do I put my much better, better half through night two of the draft? Or is that pushing my luck?
    I am not watching, Mrs Bad wasn't happy last night

I will keep an eye through WOOF

Post Thanks / Like

So now we have 30 min of babble, they are going to drag this night even longer.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Has BT ever failed us before?
    I would never doubt BT. He even managed to get me a 2016 GF ticket. Still in awe and thankful thinking back of that great period. I want that in 2024 again.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela