Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  98
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating the 2023 Overall List Management Period

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Is he a genuine small forward or a wingman that can do a job? I agree with Vred that it's still a hole on the list and I would've liked us to target a genuine small forward that's done it at under 18s or state level.
    I think he’s a winger too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks EasternWest thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think he’s a winger too.
    With all the wings we have on our list I believe he will be focussed on as a small forward , he has tricks but at the moment I think he is still learning the positioning we want him to be in when the ball drops. Natural instinct sometimes needs adjustment and that can take time.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    With all the wings we have on our list I believe he will be focussed on as a small forward , he has tricks but at the moment I think he is still learning the positioning we want him to be in when the ball drops. Natural instinct sometimes needs adjustment and that can take time.
    We will soon see, but I think his attributes are best on the wing. Either way, would love him to cement a spot this year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't even rate our draft yet. All these kids we drafted over the last 2 days get talked up like they're all future 200 gamers, odds say a lot differently. As a club we desperately need some fast progress from some of them as well as our 2022 draftees. I am glad we're taking the punt on numerous options as we need to inject some youth and enthusiasm into the ranks. Sanders is the big one, we gave up so much to get him and the expectations will be that he plays a decent amount of senior footy in 2024.

Trades we did OK. I don't think there is much to write home about but took some players who will help if they kick on. Coffield could be handy if he's fit and Harmes will be OK but see a downward trend there so hopefully he's a s top gap kind of a player at worst.

If, as a club we struggle, which I do expect, giving up a high F1 to GC in the process this is probably a fail. That being said if some of these rookies kick on we could be looking OK even if we're poor.
    Last edited by G-Mo77; 22-11-2023 at 08:01 PM.

7. Likes GVGjr, macca, Eastdog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I like about the draft on first impressions, every late pick looks to have a strength or stand out quality that could be a real weapon for them at AFL level. A bit of an issue with drafting a later pick who's a bit decent at everything without any real standout quality (sorry McNeil and McComb) is it's hard to see them become more than a minor role player at best. With the likes of Freyja, Smith and O'Driscoll, while none are necessarily great odds to make it you can see what they'd bring to an AFL side if they do.

9. Likes josie, G-Mo77, Smads57, Eastdog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dom Milesi talks about the draftees

Sanders: Contested game, professionalism and leadership

Croft: Athleticism, having a father/son is nice

Freyja: tall winger, elite running profile for a winger, late birthday, big games (eg 6 goal game)

Smith: Competitor, Basketball background (only moving to football this year), impressive rate of improvement late in the year

Aiden: Athletic profile, speed and endurance a rare mix, energetic, can play small forward or up the ground

11. Thanks GVGjr, Eastdog, choconmientay, josie thanked for this post
    Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You forget Arty Jones?
    We also have McNei and Driscoll as welll. Assumption is they will develop and contedt for tjat small forward role.
    Charlie clarke, Arty, Weightman , McNeil , Driscoll
    Pinch fwd in Scott and West .

There are a few playera. They just have to stay fit and younger ones develop at right trajectory.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to give big thanks for all the woofer community for the coverage on the draft ,its A+.
    Its incredible how you seem to find the players to discuss.0
    BT your amazing abililty to do calculate points and draft order and clubs should be consulting for your points stratgies.

Post Thanks / Like

I am always amazed how commentary is about who won the draft 2 minutes after it’s done .
    How can you possibly know until years down the track ?
    Bring back the biff

15. Likes macca, josie, BornInDroopSt'54, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am always amazed how commentary is about who won the draft 2 minutes after it’s done .
    How can you possibly know until years down the track ?
    Essendon always know they win , they never do anything wrong
    Statistical any of them play more rhan 50 games its a good return

Realistically half of them may not be on the list after 3-4 seasons

I still feel we should have rooked Bedendo , Mcneil rookie was the right decision. I like how we picked up late draftees with some elite traits

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Essendon always know they win , they never do anything wrong
    Statistical any of them play more rhan 50 games its a good return

Realistically half of them may not be on the list after 3-4 seasons

I still feel we should have rooked Bedendo , Mcneil rookie was the right decision. I like how we picked up late draftees with some elite traits
    Apparently Essendon have an academy named after the great James Hird and only one player has lasted more than one year on their list.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I like to give big thanks for all the woofer community for the coverage on the draft ,its A+.
    Its incredible how you seem to find the players to discuss.0
    BT your amazing abililty to do calculate points and draft order and clubs should be consulting for your points stratgies.
    Agree Macca. The knowledge from BT, hujsh, Mofra and a few others is excellent and it is great reading.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

19. Likes macca, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have liked our picks this draft but it is very hard to rate how we went. We will know in the next few years if it is a successful draft.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

21. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Agree Macca. The knowledge from BT, hujsh, Mofra and a few others is excellent and it is great reading.
    Their knowledge of football universe is extraordinary and i feel lucky to be able to read all the comminity contributions.

23. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Essendon have an academy named after the great James Hird and only one player has lasted more than one year on their list.
    I believe it is called The Whatever It takes Academy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

25. Likes josie, Bulldog Joe, macca, jeemak liked this post