Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  84
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOOF Welcomes Lachlan Bramble to the Kennel

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    We have always picked up players who play well against us.

This one is looking like a much more positive addition.
    Yep. That's long seemed to be a trait of our recruiting strategy. Even way back in the late '70s I can remember my dad pointing out rubbish players who happened to have a day out against us and saying "they'll be in the red, white and blue next year" 9 times out of 10 he was right.

But Bramble seems to have brought some qualities we really need.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOOF Welcomes Lachlan Bramble to the Kennel

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Bramble has now played 33 games, so his going to get to that 50 game mark, where he could become a a good senior player. The good thing is he spent 30 games learning his craft at Hawthorn's expense.

His a good pickup and i think he will learn to play to his strengths. That first quarter kick for goals was really stupid and it highlighted his poor kicking when better options were available near the goal posts.

He reads the play really well. He is averaging 23 disposals, 15.3 kicks and 6.7 marks! so far his having his best season in his career. touch wood, his upwards trajectory continues.
    This is not a knock on Bramble as he has been very good. However, re best stats, he is taking most of the kick ins, and that does inflate kicks and possibly metres gained.