Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  128
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOOF Welcomes Lachlan Bramble to the Kennel

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Can live with 1 year. He has obvious athletic traits but he is too often careless with his disposal. We're not exactly bursting with small defender depth - as an aside, how did we miss out on Jordan Boyd when he was in our backyard in 2021? Was he even on our recruiters radar at the time? What a fantastic piece of talent spotting by Carlton.
    He would have been a really good acquisition.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I don't see it.

He finds the ball and can run which is good, but his disposal isn't anything to write home about. Nevertheless, it's his inability to defend / stick tackles which really limits him IMO.

He's better than McComb, Hayes and others we've had in the past but if we're half decent he should be nothing more than depth.
    Whilst he does make the odd disposal clangers, he is running this year at DE of 82.2% and has played all 13 games
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    He has been an amazing pickup for Carlton, given the injury problems Zac Williams has had. Crazy, ridicolous good pickup by Carlton. I don't understand how we could have missed him ????
    He?s improved out of sight in the AFL system. I saw him play a bit at Footscray and definitely wouldn?t have seen him becoming the player he has. Credit to him.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pleather Sole View Post
    Another B grader given a lifeline, it seems an obsession, an addiction. We could easily hold off till end of year, secure a more talented player in that position for a 2 year deal. I'm really sick of talent being overlooked at the expense of very average players. Bramble would thrive in the VFL but is not up to snuff in the ones. Aquire talent, develop and give the player games. Being McCombed over and over. Its an eyerolling tedious habit that seldom bears fruit. We never learn. Drives me spare.
    Every side has Brambles. Some are just better versions than others. Personally I think there's enough to persist with and giving him another year is fine, if not at all the exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I agree i like Bramble.

G would want us to move the Setka chat here right EW?

Can they just finish the west gate?
    We should definitely troll our Benevolent Dear Leader by dropping Comrade Setka in at random threads and times. In fact, I think that's what I'm gonna do.
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Likes chef, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Every side has Brambles. Some are just better versions than others. Personally I think there's enough to persist with and giving him another year is fine, if not at all the exciting.
    We won a premiership with Fletcher Roberts, Zaine Cordy and Toby McLean among others. You just don't have 22 A graders in a team. He can play a role.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    We won a premiership with Fletcher Roberts, Zaine Cordy and Toby McLean among others. You just don't have 22 A graders in a team. He can play a role.
    I wouldn't exactly say Collingwood had a side brimming with a grade talent either. It was their application that got them the flag. Very similar to how we did it in 2016.

Post Thanks / Like

Another B grader given a lifeline, it seems an obsession, an addiction. We could easily hold off till end of year, secure a more talented player in that position for a 2 year deal. I'm really sick of talent being overlooked at the expense of very average players. Bramble would thrive in the VFL but is not up to snuff in the ones. Aquire talent, develop and give the player games. Being McCombed over and over. Its an eyerolling tedious habit that seldom bears fruit. We never learn. Drives me spare.
    EVERY club has and needs B graders, in fact being rated a B is probably a compliment, but he's quick and his disposal is at 82%, can't be that bad.

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I mean, you forgot Shane Biggs and the one thing we told him we'd never do was forget.

What happened to you, man?

Post Thanks / Like

I know. Not every player is a legend, a champion, exciting, I understand he's a depth player and I'd like to think he wouldn't be in our 23 without injuries to JJ, Coff etc Is he above mediocre? I don't think so. Can we get a player for that role that is a tier above? I believe so yes. The club could even consider setting the standard for "a Brambles" a little bit higher, revolutionary I know.
    If he was the first average player who keeps getting selected because Bevo loves to pick B Graders over obvious talent then I'd be content, but this is a 9 year bad habit.

15. Likes EasternWest, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we call him Tumble Weed.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I know. Not every player is a legend, a champion, exciting, I understand he's a depth player and I'd like to think he wouldn't be in our 23 without injuries to JJ, Coff etc Is he above mediocre? I don't think so. Can we get a player for that role that is a tier above? I believe so yes. The club could even consider setting the standard for "a Brambles" a little bit higher, revolutionary I know.
    If he was the first average player who keeps getting selected because Bevo loves to pick B Graders over obvious talent then I'd be content, but this is a 9 year bad habit.
    I don't want to be that guy, but if we could get a guy a tier above him, wouldn't we already have him?

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to have played a valuable role for us with his attributes.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt we would. There is an obvious taste for a category of bargain players who don't cut the mustard, year after year since 2015. They become a favourite of particular individual/s who get a kick out of persisting with players who resemble their own limitations during their own playing career. Thats been my theory for 9 years. There are a couple of exceptions where real talent was found and harnessed but I'm flat out picking more than 2 from more that period, and theres been many. Honestly, I'm sick of talking about it. Not just on here but amongst other club supporters or worse-when its brought up by non Dogs supporters. Its obvious to many outside of our club and its a cringey fault that has become taboo to mention because you get the usual 'not realistic or practical enough' retorts. Our standards for baseline players aren't high enough. Why we didn't grab Jordan Boyd when he was at our front door? Now he's flourishing at Carlton as a rebounding defender..... That is one of many we didn't recognise or grasp. Collectively having fairly low expectations often results in low to middling outcomes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I don't want to be that guy, but if we could get a guy a tier above him, wouldn't we already have him?
    To be fair our list management has been questionable.

2 year deal for McComb, long term deals for Daniel, Macrae and Hunter, multi-year deal for VDM, Baker, Poulter...

I'd prefer Bramble over Baker and Poulter but I agree with the notion we have too many of these types who aren't contributing enough now and certainly won't in the future.
    W00F!