Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  84
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOOF Welcomes Lachlan Bramble to the Kennel

I know nothing about Bramble, but we've had a clear plan to change (and improve) our lack of depth over the off-season AND bring in high end elite talent.

We've done both by bringing in the likes of Harmes, Coffield, Bramble, Sanders, and Croft.

Super impressed but as with anything in footy, nothing is guaranteed. Probably know what we get with Harmes but if Coff/Bramble come on, it'll make a big difference.
    W00F!

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have had a good off season, defence is still the worry for mine. I think Bramble has shown more than Mcsteal happy to have him on board.

Post Thanks / Like

Bramble is a ball carrier, loves a running bounce. Pretty obvious we are trying to add some run and carry to the team (arguably 2-3 years too late) but the intent is the right one.

5. Likes Sedat, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Lachie. Will have his work cut out for him to craft a spot in the best 23, but he has some good tools.

A good leader for Footscray at the least, and a reliable but limited best 22 option at best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I don't mind the money ball selections but like you said it's a long term investment for a ceiling that already looks to have been reached by all. All these guys as well as Scott are good VFL players and one their day are ok at AFL level. Not sure on this guy, I doubt his best football is in front of him or there are many new tricks available.
    Forgot about Scott - at least he has versatility to be able to contribute in multiple different areas. He is also a total pro who is team-oriented to a fault.

I think Scott has shown more at AFL level than VDM, Baker and Poulter. He might not have one killer selling point (ie: VDM supposedly has pace, Poulter has a leg cannon) but he does most things to an acceptable AFL standard. His challenge is to stay involved for longer in games.

Anyway welcome to the kennel Lachie. A couple of Hawks work colleagues have talked him up today and were sorry to see him go. The phrase "far too good for VFL level" was mentioned more than once.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

8. Likes Bullies, macca, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Cant believe I posted a thread on this thinking I was first to the punch and had outplayed BAD

Interesting selection - decisively quick from the listen management team - competition for spots on a wing
    It was the first full training session last year when Oskar Baker arrived at the club as well.
    Bramble seems to provide some depth for us in a few positions and I think there is a bit of a theme with our recruiting in the off season that with both Harmes and Bramble we might start using some 'run with' options on occasions.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I think this is an astute decision in isolation, but I am mystified by the 3 years given to VDM and 2 years to Baker (and to a lesser extent the 2 years given to Poulter).

These 4 have taken up a lot of space on the list for 2024-2025 (and 2026 in the case of VDM), and if we're being kind the jury is still out on all of them as viable and bankable medium to long-term AFL standard players.
    VDM is contracted until 2025. And he shouldn't be, I believe given what he has shown.

https://www.zerohanger.com/bulldog-l...r-deal-138383/

11. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    VDM is contracted until 2025. And he shouldn't be, I believe given what he has shown.

Thanks PI, for some reason I thought he was given 3 years recently but happier that it is only 2. Really it should only have been 1 year at best IMO - I'm not bullish on VDM despite his pace attributes, which is an area of obvious weakness still on the list.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

13. Likes josie, Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Thanks choconmientay thanked for this post
    Likes jDogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is he better than McComb?

Post Thanks / Like

I think this selection is safe guard against injury to JJ, Poulter and Baker. Maybe Williams is able to go back to HBF.

18. Likes bornadog, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From having nil or few wings now we quite a few.

Anyone know what Bramble's pace and skills are like?

20. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are quite a few videos of his highlights on YouTube. I liked this one from his fourth game - two years ago, but shows some of what we probably hope we are getting.

22. Thanks josie, bornadog, hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks PI, for some reason I thought he was given 3 years recently but happier that it is only 2. Really it should only have been 1 year at best IMO - I'm not bullish on VDM despite his pace attributes, which is an area of obvious weakness still on the list.
    Nobody's been proactive enough to maintain a thread with that sort of information so your guess was pretty solid.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post

If...only if...Axeman created this bloody contracts thread he keeps harping on about....
    More of an In Bruges guy?