Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  104
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It is time for Jobe Watson to be reinstated

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I hate Essendon as much as anyone, but Jobe is actually one of the good guys of football
    I don't think that's in question. He seems like a good guy, however also a drug cheat.

2. Likes EasternWest, JanLorMill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Simply because Watson actually won the Brownlow, it should never have been taken off him.

So of course it should be given back and Cotchin and Mitchell made what they were - equal second.

Particularly it should not have been taken off him for what, at best, was an unrelated thing.

But it still boils my blood what was done to Essendon and Hird. It was absolutely criminal by the media, the AFL and various bureaucrats here and overseas.

The way they were injecting supplements was radical and could easily have been stopped by a memo from the AFL.

But there was never a deliberate program of using performance enhancing drugs of any kind. Hird would never allow that and nor would the players.

What was done to those good people in the name of posturing over how clean the game is by the media and both AFL and outside bureaucrats was an absolute disgrace.

Who would you believe more, the corrupt media or Hird and the players?

Who would you believe more, a corrupt government official or Hird and the players?

Who would you believe more, AFL house or Hird and the players?

I am no Essendon supporter, but that whole thing should never have happened.

Post Thanks / Like

How is it the AFLs responsibility to monitor their drug cheating Uninformed?

Post Thanks / Like

Get f***ed Mike.

6. Likes chef, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uninformed View Post
    Simply because Watson actually won the Brownlow, it should never have been taken off him.

So of course it should be given back and Cotchin and Mitchell made what they were - equal second.

Particularly it should not have been taken off him for what, at best, was an unrelated thing.

But it still boils my blood what was done to Essendon and Hird. It was absolutely criminal by the media, the AFL and various bureaucrats here and overseas.

The way they were injecting supplements was radical and could easily have been stopped by a memo from the AFL.

But there was never a deliberate program of using performance enhancing drugs of any kind. Hird would never allow that and nor would the players.

What was done to those good people in the name of posturing over how clean the game is by the media and both AFL and outside bureaucrats was an absolute disgrace.

Who would you believe more, a corrupt government official or Hird and the players?

I am no Essendon supporter, but that whole thing should never have happened.
    There are parts of this that I agree with - there was definitely an 'Essendon scapegoat' angle. But also, they had an offsite injection program which was against league/ASADA/WADA rules.

I don't think the argument is that Essendon did nothing wrong. The argument is that they weren't the only club to be doing something wrong.

Jobe should not be awarded the 2012 Brownlow. He was not the fairest player that year.

Post Thanks / Like

Thing that gets me, amongst the revisionism, is that the players still have no idea what they were actually injected with.
    Who knows the long term effects.

If anything I lean towards they got off lightly.

I absolutely feel for the players however, the leaders not so much. Including Jobe.

9. Likes hujsh, josie, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Thing that gets me, amongst the revisionism, is that the players still have no idea what they were actually injected with.

I absolutely feel for the players however, the leaders not so much. Including Jobe.
    They can't tell anyone what they were injected with but they can sure has hell tell everyone that they didn't inject anything that contravened doping laws!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes Grantysghost, hujsh, EasternWest, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How is it the AFLs responsibility to monitor their drug cheating Uninformed?
    Surely the clubs can be responsible for their players, collect samples and have testing done, observe them for anomalies. Not that hard. AFL can ensure clubs keep standards. Serious penalties for players that cheat. No need for the external w**kers.

13. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    There are parts of this that I agree with - there was definitely an 'Essendon scapegoat' angle. But also, they had an offsite injection program which was against league/ASADA/WADA rules.

I don't think the argument is that Essendon did nothing wrong. The argument is that they weren't the only club to be doing something wrong.

Jobe should not be awarded the 2012 Brownlow. He was not the fairest player that year.
    At the time there was no rule against offsite injection programs. The rule was introduced subsequently. A sound decision but one that could easily have been done without the alphabet people. It could have been treated like Mathews' Brisbane team's fluid injections on the plane down. Stopped without a fuss.

Essendon did nothing wrong. They were not using performance enhancing substances.

Jobe was a tremendously fair player. Always has been and was a deserving winner. He, like Hird, would never cheat. He did nothing wrong or unfair.

On the basis of character, labelling Hird and Watson cheats is as untrue as applying that label to people the character of Bevo and Bont.

Post Thanks / Like

I would not trust Hird as far as I can throw him and the players either don't know or won't reveal what they were injected with so what they say doesn't particularly matter either.

With the possible exception of AFL house I'd go the former each time

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness we made sure we were so clear on that when we got our COVID shots!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness we made sure we were so clear on that when we got our COVID shots!
    Hey hey my 5g reception is next level now.

Post Thanks / Like

Reckon Mike’s on the peptides. How you could think a guy rubbed out for drug use could be given the best and fairest is nuts.

If he’s guilty, that’s it.

He was found guilty. They all were.

I also love that the Bombers being drug cheats is back in the press!

20. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Hey doc, what's in this needle?"
    "That's your scientifically produced evidence backed covid shot"

Is a lot different to

"Hey Jobe what were you injected with?"
    "No idea but it was definitely legal!!"

22. Likes hujsh, MrMahatma, Grantysghost, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are mad and I bow down to Mike Sheahan, absolute god tier shitposter.
    "It's over. It's all over."