Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If _______ and _______ are All Australian this year, we make the top 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Like it. I know Libba probably doesn’t care, but seems appropriate he gets an AA. A very good footballer for a long long time.
    He was something like the 4th most effective player in the competition in 2023.
    Funky Miller must still get nightmares about 2016...
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

2. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Naughton and Liam Jones- naughty kicking stacks and LJ stopping the best forwards

4. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Red is a lock for AA off half back this year, can wait to see him tear the comp apart this year!

6. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spindles11 View Post
    Naughton and Liam Jones- naughty kicking stacks and LJ stopping the best forwards
    Great nominations.

It’s easy to forget that Jones was well in the mix for AA conversations prior to his injury in 2023, and despite his age, he’s not showing signs of slowing down. In fact, he’s arguably still getting better as a player. I’d take 23 games from him - if he manages that many he’ll probably be well in the mix.

Post Thanks / Like

If Liam Jones and Jamarra can become AA?s this year then we are going to be right up there. I think Jones most importantly as it means he has had an injury free year and we know he will be super competitive every week he is out there.
    Jamarra has had strong growth year on year, if he can continue that into next season and clean his goal kicking up (he could?ve had 50+ goals last year already), then he will put himself and us right into contention.

9. Likes SquirrelGrip, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only problem I have with Jones being one of the players is I remember him being near BOG against GC and we lost that one embarrasingly. If it's a question of where we get improvement from to guarantee a better year I think we need to look elsewhere

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angak View Post
    If Caleb has AA caliber season it will mean that our ball movement excellent. His last two years have been down years compared to previous seasons. Need a big year from him.
    In an interview last year with Daniel he was asked his favourite position. Wherever the coach needs me was his answer. Very impressive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    In an interview last year with Daniel he was asked his favourite position. Wherever the coach needs me was his answer. Very impressive.
    Agreed. I think we as fans undervalue his current “Mr Fixit” role and get a bit nostalgic around his work out of the backline a few years ago. If he was to make it as an AA, no idea what position it would be, but it would certainly be a good sign for us as Caleb having it 25+ times means we’re trusting him to use it well and often. We could do worse…

Post Thanks / Like

Liam Jones and Ed Richards. Our lack of intercept and rebound was a fatal flaw in 2023 and if we correct that then we?re in the mix.

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jamarra and Naughton and in position, and both would obviously have to have their goal kicking radar's on, there are usually only two key forwards in the AA side, they may sneak one on the bench but if both become 1 and 2 next season, surely we'd be a lock for top 4.

16. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheColonel View Post
    If Liam Jones and Jamarra can become AA?s this year then we are going to be right up there. I think Jones most importantly as it means he has had an injury free year and we know he will be super competitive every week he is out there.
    Jamarra has had strong growth year on year, if he can continue that into next season and clean his goal kicking up (he could?ve had 50+ goals last year already), then he will put himself and us right into contention.
    I'll go for this one as well. Also a big year for Naughton as well up there with Jamarra would be great and would get us scoring big most weeks. When Jones got injured last year that affected us as I thought he was really good in that period after those big losses round 1 and 2. Coffield could be huge as well.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

18. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love it to be Smith and Naughton. We already know Bont, Libba and Treloar are likely to put in solid years but Smith getting the nod would mean he's finally put a consistent year together and he really does offer a nice point of difference for a team. Naughton getting in would mean he's started kicking straight and he's up around the 65-goal mark which I think is where he needs to be if we want to finish top 4.

20. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post