Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs pre-season fixture locked in

Hawthorn are a good competitive outfit to play, but agree we need another hitout against real opposition, even more so given Melbourne will have an extra game on us.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Playing Hawthorn twice in pre season

Bulldogs to host Hawks at VU Whitten Oval

The AFL Bulldogs will return to hosting duties at VU Whitten Oval next year, meeting Hawthorn in an AFL match simulation training session in February.

It will mark the first time the AFL program has faced opposition at the Footscray headquarters since the redevelopment began.

The match simulation will be held on Friday 23 February from 11am AEDT, a week before the two sides go head-to-head again in Tasmania in the AFL Community Series.

The hit-out will be broadcast exclusively via Kayo Sports.

More information regarding public access will be confirmed in due course.

3. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen some stupid things in my time. But that does sound absurd. There are 17 potential opponents. Yet we are playing the same one twice and as only our oppoonent prior to the proper season commencing. What the?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I have seen some stupid things in my time. But that does sound absurd. There are 17 potential opponents. Yet we are playing the same one twice and as only our oppoonent prior to the proper season commencing. What the?
    There wasn't really. The interstate teams are all playing each other in their home states and some Vic teams had already announced fixtures. As I posted on the previous page I thought our only possible opponents would be Geelong, Richmond or Carlton thinking that we wouldn't play Hawthorn (playing them the following week) or Melbourne (round 1).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    There wasn't really. The interstate teams are all playing each other in their home states and some Vic teams had already announced fixtures. As I posted on the previous page I thought our only possible opponents would be Geelong, Richmond or Carlton thinking that we wouldn't play Hawthorn (playing them the following week) or Melbourne (round 1).
    And to think you think you're ready to run a contracts thread

7. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    And to think you think you're ready to run a contracts thread
    Time for a fresh voice.

Post Thanks / Like

I say let the hawks win both then smack them when it matters.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean. It is a bit strange.

The Hawks though aren?t are bad team to play against right now to challenge us and they were highly competitive last year and beat some really good teams.

The hit out against North last pre season was too easy for us and I think we needed to play another unofficial match against a more highly competitive team to challenge us more.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"