Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  35
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List 2024

So actually we have only one player who will miss the first game ATM ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    So actually we have only one player who will miss the first game ATM ?
    Would be nice to have an early season game with an absolutely stacked Footscray team. VFL football is so much better when getting to watch young kids stepping up and blokes on the fringe of selection rather than a bunch of VFL listed plodders (some are ok).

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From Lade

JOD (James O’Donnell) will go for a scan, but we’re optimistic that he will be fine. It’s just a rolled ankle that went outwards.

Jack Macrae did match training today so he’s not far off returning to full training. He’ll have to do a full week of training before he gets considered but hopefully that is next week.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, hujsh, SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    From Lade

JOD (James O’Donnell) will go for a scan, but we’re optimistic that he will be fine. It’s just a rolled ankle that went outwards.

Jack Macrae did match training today so he’s not far off returning to full training. He’ll have to do a full week of training before he gets considered but hopefully that is next week.”
    Thx Bad. Phew wrt O?Donnell.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Thx Bad. Phew wrt O?Donnell.
    I’m not so sure. Hopefully hujsh can give some insight.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I’m not so sure. Hopefully hujsh can give some insight.
    I beleive Jeemak is our head of medical. I'm in charge of posting draft and trade stuff stolen from BF during the trade period and making the case that Churchill is a baddie

10. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I beleive Jeemak is our head of medical. I'm in charge of posting draft and trade stuff stolen from BF during the trade period and making the case that Churchill is a baddie
    Haha. Gold!

There's some very funny posters on here. Always good for a distraction and a chuckle.

And it's Sir Winston of the 4th Queen's Own Hussars!

Post Thanks / Like

Was on fence when they examined JOD. Thought he stepped on someone, rolled ankle. Pain just under ankle bone but seemed isolated in small spot. Medicos said to him if keep playing he would damage it more so straight on ice. See how treatment goes during the week. Maybe it’s their professional approach but no one seemed too concerned.

13. Thanks GVGjr, azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meenies View Post
    Was on fence when they examined JOD. Thought he stepped on someone, rolled ankle. Pain just under ankle bone but seemed isolated in small spot. Medicos said to him if keep playing he would damage it more so straight on ice. See how treatment goes during the week. Maybe it’s their professional approach but no one seemed too concerned.
    It’s not even a real practice match , get him off . To be honest I have no idea why the hawks bought Chol back on, what does it achieve ?
    You need to learn to play without players as well.
    Bring back the biff

15. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s not even a real practice match , get him off . To be honest I have no idea why the hawks bought Chol back on, what does it achieve ?
    You need to learn to play without players as well.
    Players also need to learn to play through injury.

How many players are injury free late in the season.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

He played a half and it’s not late in the season either, so you rather they play from the start with maybe a niggling injury all year or they miss a week or two before the season starts. Going by that McRae should have played yesterday it was only a slight hamstring he can learn to play with it.
    So risk it and they are out before the season even starts ?
    In a game like yesterday which means zero . Get them off. And give a player who is on the peripheral some time or more time on the ground so you get more a look at them . Those players also have to learn to be ready to come on at the drop of a hat, it also gives you more of a chance to see how a player does replacing that player in that position if he gets injured during a real game.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

During the season is the only time to test that though. From what I've seen at training and even now that we are closing in on the season starting that the medicos won't take even moderate risks with players.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    During the season is the only time to test that though. From what I've seen at training and even now that we are closing in on the season starting that the medicos won't take even moderate risks with players.
    To be honest I’m scared when I see blokes like Bont play in practice matches, we have all seen top players over the years do an injury in a game that’s irelevant and miss a season.
    Watching him yesterday he was in first gear and just did what he wanted , he doesn’t need match practice.
    I don’t think he got much past a jog.
    At times he looks lazy but he is far from it he just reads the play a minute before anyone else and floats to where he needs to be at the right time.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

He played a half and it’s not late in the season either, so you rather they play from the start with maybe a niggling injury all year or they miss a week or two before the season starts. Going by that McRae should have played yesterday it was only a slight hamstring he can learn to play with it.
    So risk it and they are out before the season even starts ?
    In a game like yesterday which means zero . Get them off. And give a player who is on the peripheral some time or more time on the ground so you get more a look at them . Those players also have to learn to be ready to come on at the drop of a hat, it also gives you more of a chance to see how a player does replacing that player in that position if he gets injured during a real game.
    My comment was related to Chol.

If the injury is not likely to be made worse playing through some soreness is something every player needs to be able to do. Sometimes continuing on actually eases the soreness.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

21. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My comment was related to Chol.

If the injury is not likely to be made worse playing through some soreness is something every player needs to be able to do. Sometimes continuing on actually eases the soreness.
    It is as simple as that. If the injury is not going to be made worse by continuing and its not overly restricting, continue. If in JOD's case the ankle gets worse, put them on ice. There are alot of guys on restricted minutes in these games. The more players you pull out of the game makes it harder to manage minutes for the other guys.

23. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post