Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinion: Training over the break is:

How long are they off for? 2 weeks?

I think it'd depend on where they're at with their program. For some of them who have done all/most sessions, a lighter week could be ideal, followed by some maintenance stuff.

I think questions like this are where culture beats strategy. If the group culture is to be professional and do what's BEST for them and the team (which doesn't necessarily mean doing MORE), then it sorts itself.

Like most people, I'd say the younger guys would need more guidance on what's right for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a hack and I exercise Christmas morning if I can.
    Mostly to eat more that day though...
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

3. Likes GVGjr, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For sure they should have a program. Coming off a disappointing year I'd hope they're all trying their best to make ammends.

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably not a lot different to the end of season break really, they are professionals and should generally know how to look after themselves and get themselves right coming back after the break.

The onus has to be on them as much as anything knowing they're all competing with each other to break into the round 1 side, there maybe a situation where 1 or 2 of the boys may have had issues in the past that might need a program to go by.

For the first year players a different story and probably given a plan to stick to and check in etc, but for the rest of them the last thing they would want would be to come back in not the best shape and seeing all your mates push forward whilst you take two steps back.

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Us older supporters remember Brian Wilson coming back from after the break in terrible shape, and new coach Royce Hart sacked him. Brian went to North Melbourne and then Melbourne and won a brownlow, plus represented Victoria three years
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Us older supporters remember Brian Wilson coming back from after the break in terrible shape, and new coach Royce Hart sacked him. Brian went to North Melbourne and then Melbourne and won a brownlow, plus represented Victoria three years
    Jeremy McGovern as a rookie-listed yet-to-debut player came back from a break in terrible shape once too, and was forced to train away from the main group. He ended up ok too
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Another Braybrook FC talent.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Another Braybrook FC talent.
    EJ and Doug the most famous from there.

I?m a younger Doggies supporter.

Braybrook played I believe played at the Pennell Reserve north of Ballarat Road and the Skinner Reserve was where Sunshine played.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"