Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2023 WB Annual General Meeting

Won't be able to attend due to work but are any woofers going along this evening to the AGM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2023 WB Annual General Meeting

Is it going to be live streamed like it has been previously?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Is it going to be live streamed like it has been previously?
    Don’t believe so but would be good if they provided WB club members access online for those of us who can’t attend in person. 5pm also isn’t the greatest time. A 7-7:30pm would probably be better for a lot of people due to work.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Don’t believe so but would be good if they provided WB club members access online for those of us who can’t attend in person. 5pm also isn’t the greatest time. A 7-7:30pm would probably be better for a lot of people due to work.
    Agreed. I went to the agm's for about 30 years and they would always be around 7 and generally well attended. They would present the new players, life memberships etc. Was a good opportunity to hear the president, ceo, coach talk. And it was free which was good for those who can't afford to go to functions.

5. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The AGM has been held at 5pm for at least a decade now and is always poorly attended, which is what I think the board and management likes. It should definitely be held around 7pm.

I attended today and the only real matters of interest to relate are:

- Former players Toby McLean, Bailey Hunt and Hannah Scott (along with three other individuals involved in the club, one being Brent Prismall) were awarded life memberships. Most of our male players were there which indicates the high regard that Toby and Brent must have amongst the group.

- the club will be announcing more sponsorships in the coming period.

- the club will continue to seek funds for the WO redevelopment and there will be an appeal to the general membership in 2024.

- A very handsome, intelligent and witty member asked a searching question as to whether there was going to be an external review of our women's football program given the continual loss of our good players. Something about "if our men's program needs an external review by one man, our women's program needs a review by a platoon of Royal Commissioners" was put by this member. No direct answer was given by KWW but the implication seemed to be no. She did state in answer that a women's football manager would be appointed.
    Last edited by Prince Imperial; 19-12-2023 at 10:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post

- A very handsome, intelligent and witty member asked a searching question as to whether there was going to be an external review of our women's football program given the continual loss of our good players. Something about "if our men's program, needs an external review by one man, our women's program needs a review by a platoon of Royal Commissioners" was put by this member. No direct answer was given by KWW but the implication seemed to be no. She did state in answer that a women's football manager would be appointed.
    I never realised I wasn't alone among the supporter base.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Likes Prince Imperial, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I never realised I wasn't alone among the supporter base.
    Yes we are a rare breed
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The AGM has been held at 5pm for at least a decade now and is always poorly attended, which is what I think the board and management likes. It should definitely be held around 7pm.

I attended today and the only real matters of interest to relate are:

- Former players Toby McLean, Bailey Hunt and Hannah Scott (along with three other individuals involved in the club, one being Brent Prismall) were awarded life memberships. Most of our male players were there which indicates the high regard that Toby and Brent must have amongst the group.

- the club will be announcing more sponsorships in the coming period.

- the club will continue to seek funds for the WO redevelopment and there will be an appeal to the general membership in 2024.

- A very handsome, intelligent and witty member asked a searching question as to whether there was going to be an external review of our women's football program given the continual loss of our good players. Something about "if our men's program, needs an external review by one man, our women's program needs a review by a platoon of Royal Commissioners" was put by this member. No direct answer was given by KWW but the implication seemed to be no. She did state in answer that a women's football manager would be appointed.
    Thanks for the update PI.

I didn't realise the WO redevelopment wasn't fully funded. I wonder how much the club still needs to raise?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Thanks for the update PI.

I didn't realise the WO redevelopment wasn't fully funded. I wonder how much the club still needs to raise?
    From our recent financial report:

The total project budget is $77,780,785 with $63,854,600 of this being funded by grantors.
    The Club has committed to providing a further $6,444,009 of funding for the redevelopment via its own
    fundraising initiatives including the sale of its gaming operations which occurred in the 2021 financial year
    and a major fundraising capital appeal, “Forever a Bulldog... our club, our legacy, forever”, currently
    underway.

13. Likes bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From our recent financial report:
    Thanks.

15. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that PI. Much appreciated.

17. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

at least the handsome ,intelligent and witty persons question was not as cringe worthy as some of the other questions asked on the night

19. Likes bornadog, Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgirl16 View Post
    at least the handsome ,intelligent and witty persons question was not as cringe worthy as some of the other questions asked on the night
    What were those questions that were asked?

Post Thanks / Like

Gee us on woof are a humble bunch! Not looking at anyone in particular PI, jee, BAD....
    More of an In Bruges guy?

22. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    What were those questions that were asked?
    better not say..may be part of our WOOF family!

24. Likes bornadog, azabob liked this post