Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2023 WB Annual General Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    What were those questions that were asked?
    A recording of the AGM is on the club's website and the questions are near the end. You can judge for yourself!

2. Thanks Eastdog, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    The AGM has been held at 5pm for at least a decade now and is always poorly attended, which is what I think the board and management likes. It should definitely be held around 7pm.

I attended today and the only real matters of interest to relate are:

- Former players Toby McLean, Bailey Hunt and Hannah Scott (along with three other individuals involved in the club, one being Brent Prismall) were awarded life memberships. Most of our male players were there which indicates the high regard that Toby and Brent must have amongst the group.

- the club will be announcing more sponsorships in the coming period.

- the club will continue to seek funds for the WO redevelopment and there will be an appeal to the general membership in 2024.

- A very handsome, intelligent and witty member asked a searching question as to whether there was going to be an external review of our women's football program given the continual loss of our good players. Something about "if our men's program needs an external review by one man, our women's program needs a review by a platoon of Royal Commissioners" was put by this member. No direct answer was given by KWW but the implication seemed to be no. She did state in answer that a women's football manager would be appointed.

Ripping interrogation prince. You've got a future.

4. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    A recording of the AGM is on the club's website and the questions are near the end. You can judge for yourself!
    I see what you mean with some of those questions.

The AGM should be much more about the financials etc I reckon. A fan forum would be better for those other type of questions.

Great questioning BTW Prince Imperial.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

6. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post