Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  47
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Years Wish - 2024 to be a FUN footy season!

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    1985 was my favourite season. I was 21, we had a team that had strength and flair on every line, we had the Brownlow and Coleman medalists, we won a final for the first time in my lifetime and I went to the footy each week expecting to win.
    Loved 1985 but my absolute favourite non-flag year was 1992. We went from not existing less than 2 years earlier to finishing equal top, beating a red-hot St Kilda 3 times (including at Moorabbin and also smashing them in a final). Del Re kicked 70 goals including 8 in a final. We kicked 11 goals to zero against Fitzroy (when they were good) in a qtr at Princes Park. Just a fantastic year where we finished exactly where we belonged with no finals hard luck stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    If only Micky Egan had been able to play in the preliminary final
    He at least would have been in the same postcode as Lethal, unlike Hardie.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes jeemak, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Years Wish - 2024 to be a FUN footy season!

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Loved 1985 but my absolute favourite non-flag year was 1992. We went from not existing less than 2 years earlier to finishing equal top, beating a red-hot St Kilda 3 times (including at Moorabbin and also smashing them in a final). Del Re kicked 70 goals including 8 in a final. We kicked 11 goals to zero against Fitzroy (when they were good) in a qtr at Princes Park. Just a fantastic year where we finished exactly where we belonged with no finals hard luck stories.

He at least would have been in the same postcode as Lethal, unlike Hardie.
    The unfortunate thing in 1992 was Greg Dears dirty act to kill Fozzie off for the season and we needed him in the finals to stop Brownless.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.