Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How will Western Bulldogs fare wearing tag of 2024?s ?most intriguing? side?

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Think the meeedya will be to busy beating the ''fire Bevo'' war drum if that happens.
    Reckon that'll be their default even if we're 3-3 after R6. Amazing list, no weaknesses, talent everywhere........no excuses. Bullshit.

As I said above, a couple, maybe a few more wins is an improvement and probably acceptable - depending on how that relates to the broader competition. And that's not even accounting for the fixture, how it's perceived at the start of the year, the middle, and the end irrespective of who and where you play teams in their respective cycles versus yours.

Everyone is going batshit crazy over Carlton and GWS but they each won one more game and respectively had ~+4.5% and ~-1.5% percentage versus us at the end of the home and away season. Credit to them for making their finals count, but we were disastrous and they were amazing.......

Knowing that it's likely we'll be middling, maybe a bit better, maybe capable of surprising, or maybe capable of falling short, I just hope people can keep their shit together.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How will Western Bulldogs fare wearing tag of 2024's most intriguing side?

Keep it simple. Play blokes in their best position eg Macrae in the guts. Learn to defend centre bounces. Opposition teams stream straight out of the centre far too often. Have a plan when opposition gets multiple goals. Happening far too often for multiple years now.

3. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs Breakfast View Post
    Keep it simple. Play blokes in their best position eg Macrae in the guts. Learn to defend centre bounces. Opposition teams stream straight out of the centre far too often. Have a plan when opposition gets multiple goals. Happening far too often for multiple years now.
    I think we all like that mantra in theory. What do you do when there are 5-6 players with that as their best position but only 3 spots? Bont, Libba, Treloar, Macrae, Smith (not an issue this year or maybe ever again), Harmes, Sanders and maybe others could claim the center to be their best position but I'm not sure we can give all of them the time they'd want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I think we all like that mantra in theory. What do you do when there are 5-6 players with that as their best position but only 3 spots? Bont, Libba, Treloar, Macrae, Smith (not an issue this year or maybe ever again), Harmes, Sanders and maybe others could claim the center to be their best position but I'm not sure we can give all of them the time they'd want.
    With Macrae Sanders and Harmes adding to the midfield it should allow the likes of Bont Treloar and also Sanders to spend more time
    forward, which is in desperate need of more flexibility and additional goal kickers