Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Percentage of CBD's should our key mids attend?

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Centre Bounce Downs?

I guess if the AFL abolish the bounce it will become CTUs?

Not to be confused with 90s group CDB (Cool Dandenong Boys)

I think officially they are referred to as CBAs (Centre Bounce Attendances).
    Central Dandenong Boys, and don't you forget it.

They were a refreshing change from the threat of 3174 or the Oakleigh Wogs being rumoured to plan on showing up at deb and formal after parties in the area.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

They were a refreshing change from the threat of 3174 or the Oakleigh Wogs being rumoured to plan on showing up at deb and formal after parties in the area.
    Gees these names bring back memories.
    I was 6 in 1979 when my folks moved from Maryborough Vic, to lease a milk bar in Noble Park.
    We didn't know at the time the milk bar was the home base for the Noble Boys.
    My parents learned this on the day we drove up and the old lessor was moving out, being harrased with bats as they drove off by the resident Noble Boys.
    What a learning curve that place was for a country lad.

3. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Gees these names bring back memories.
    I was 6 in 1979 when my folks moved from Maryborough Vic, to lease a milk bar in Noble Park.
    We didn't know at the time the milk bar was the home base for the Noble Boys.
    My parents learned this on the day we drove up and the old lessor was moving out, being harrased with bats as they drove off by the resident Noble Boys.
    What a learning curve that place was for a country lad.
    I was happily on the north side of North/ Wellington Road, Mulgrave re-zoned as Wheelers Hill (much to the chargrin of those actually up on the hill), but whenever you're within a few KMs a of a suburban caravan park you know you're in for a few adventures even from a very young age.

You must have seen some interesting things growing up in that environment. Mulgrave proper, Noble Park through to Doveton/ North Dandenong was serious business in those days. Crossing North/ Wellington Road for us in the mid to late nineties or going closer to Sandown always bred trepidation among us as late teenagers. We were lucky in a sense that they never built the light rail down the middle of North/ Wellington Road to VFL Park like they were supposed to have, that concentration of public transport would have really tied the 3174 and Oakleigh Wogs together, a bit like The Dude's rug.......

Anyway, back to the thread. I mainly want to see Jacko and Bont in the centre together more and see less of Treloar in there (Libba a mainstay). Mainly because I think Treloar isn't as clever with his hands as others and can also be useful running forward as the man up to the contest and burning people on the way back towards goal. Jacko is good with his hands and can cut the field up from half back by foot using angles, but if he wants to the be main guy he needs to work harder.

Whatever we have however, it can't be homogenous like it was last year. It might only be one game you get burned, maybe two like we did in 2023, but that's enough to keep you out of the eight let alone getting a home final.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

I always thought it was Cool which sounds ridiculous but better so I'm sticking with it. I actually found some references to Cool online as well so at least I know it wasn't just a figment of my imagination.

Post Thanks / Like

My concern is that Jack Macrae appeared to have lost both his pace and endurance capabilities in 2023. I am hoping that he was carrying some sort of niggle last season that impacted on his capabilities because the Macrae of a few seasons ago is definitely worth 70-80% of his time on the ball. If it turns out that it was a sign of ageing legs starting to catch up with him then we can?t afford to play him anywhere near that much on the ball as pace is a real issue right across our entire midfield group. When it really counted in crunch games last season we were cut up by midfields that were considerably less experienced but had significantly more pace. This is the reason I believe that Harmes was recruited (not lightening quick but sharper than most of our current midfield) and also why Sanders was drafted (I expect to see him in the side in Round 1 and spending considerable time in the midfield as the season progresses)

7. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Stevo, Uninformed liked this post